2019 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I use frozen blueberries/raspberries?
I don't. I suppose frozen blueberries would hold up enough, but I think that the raspberries would be too mushy. I didn't mix the raspberries into the batter, though, just layered them alternating with the batter. It might work ok even with still frozen raspberries that way. One of us needs to experiment. ;)

DH helped me make a quiche today, so I'll have easy breakfasts this week as he goes back to work. I'll just warm up a slice and have it with some grapes and cantaloupe. The quiche has sautéed shallot, grilled chicken, roasted red pepper and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, seasoned with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and dried thyme.
2019-08-11-21-15-59.jpg

DH helped me make a quiche today, so I'll have easy breakfasts this week as he goes back to work. I'll just warm up a slice and have it with some grapes and cantaloupe. The quiche has sautéed shallot, grilled chicken, roasted red pepper and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, seasoned with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and dried thyme.
View attachment 36120

Wow that looks nice. Got recipe/directions by chance :)

Well it was really difficult to remove from the pan. Not sure I'll do it again.

mini_cheesecake_081119_2_IMG_6097.jpg

Wow that looks nice. Got recipe/directions by chance :)
Thanks. I winged it but here's pretty much what I did. Preheated the oven to 350F.I used a thawed frozen pie crust. Sautéed a minced shallot in butter and put it on the bottom. Chopped a jarred roasted red pepper and layered that over the shallots. Chopped about a cup and a half of grilled chicken breast and layered that and topped it with about a cup and a half of shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Then I whisked together four large eggs, about a cup of half and half, a teaspoon of Penzeys Fox Point seasoning, a teaspoon of dried thyme, a half teaspoon of ground black pepper and a little shake of cayenne. Put the crust on a sheet pan, poured the filling in and baked it for about 50 minutes. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Tasted great this morning with some cantaloupe.

Well it was really difficult to remove from the pan. Not sure I'll do it again.

View attachment 36126

Here's a trick I learned with my first cheesecake. I think I got it from Alton Brown on Good Eats. I use it and it makes life easy.

On a gas stove, place the pan on a burner and light the burner for a few seconds. Just enough to soften the butter in the crust. Removal should be MUCH easier.

It's a little more difficult with an electric range. You probably would pre-heat it first.

Here's a trick I learned with my first cheesecake. I think I got it from Alton Brown on Good Eats. I use it and it makes life easy.

On a gas stove, place the pan on a burner and light the burner for a few seconds. Just enough to soften the butter in the crust. Removal should be MUCH easier.

It's a little more difficult with an electric range. You probably would pre-heat it first.
Thank you Andy. If I ever do mini cakes again I'll try that.

Garlic & parm, + salted pretzels.

39817-albums888-picture8039.jpg
[/IMG]

It is one of those hot, sticky days where your bare feet stick to the tiles. Such is life in Northern MN without central AC. I am not baking per se, I am making flour tortillas. I use tortillas for my Mom's lunch wraps.

Made two Flora B's peach cream pies. One for the Elders to eat now, the other went in the freezer once it cooled for a treat in the winter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom