23 August, dinner anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Well, all I've got left after all the cooking and ordering from the past weekend is eggplant parmigiana, and a huge bowl of gravy with meatballs, sausage and bracciole. I've got some cold cuts, and some potato salad. There is a sad little piece of blueberry cheesecake.

There is no way I'm eating any of it.:LOL:

Three days of leftovers is enough, I draw the line. I think I'll just have a bowl of special K with those yogurt gloops.

What are you having?

I made beef stroganoff (a new recipe from a magazine - the nicest one ive ever tried!) and cheesecake for dessert.

Bridgett said:
I made beef stroganoff (a new recipe from a magazine - the nicest one ive ever tried!) and cheesecake for dessert.

yummy! Care to share??
Please and Thanks in advance:)

We went to a little meat & 3 place near my parents house tonight. I had chicken livers, mashed potatoes & gravy, mac & cheese, & banana puddin'.

We have more leftovers than you can shake a stick at: salmon filets, hamburger steaks, regular hamburgers, and huge crockpot full of Italian Beef (venison) that was supposed to be for company dinner last night, but didn't get finished in time. (Thus the hamburgers.)
I also have a big batch of lovely broccoli that needs to be cooked, a jillion tomatoes, and all kinds of other fresh produce.

The salmon filets are the oldest, so need to be used first, but there's not enough left for both of us unless I get creative and put it in some pasta. That would be good with the fresh broccoli, but I don't know if I have the energy to cook.
I took a really bad fall Monday night, and the soreness, lumps and and bruises are just know starting to show up.

Constance, sorry about the fall..

My mother in law used to make a salmon salad the same way you'd make tuna salad, using any left over salmon she had. Do you have enough for that? Sandwiches and chips and an ice cold iced tea...

Gee, wish I had some..:(

Well another day with Ethan,Carson and Olivia, I changed so many diapers and fixed two different lunches and one type of breakfast, so dinner was a get it in the oven NOW!!! I had a whole chicken, lifted the skin and massaged in a mix of butter,lemon pepper,garlic and onion powder, put some on the outside as well, added some small yukon gold potatoes to the drippings in the pan, fixed some sauteed mushrooms,made a mix of green beans, with bacon and garlic, sliced some tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions and avocados, threw some rolls in the oven and that was it for tonight...dessert no way no how, they can hit the freezer and get ice cream or eat some of the banana, chocolate chip sweet bread I made last night.:LOL:

kadesma

VeraBlue said:
Constance, sorry about the fall..

My mother in law used to make a salmon salad the same way you'd make tuna salad, using any left over salmon she had. Do you have enough for that? Sandwiches and chips and an ice cold iced tea...

Gee, wish I had some..:(

Thanks, Vera and Sizzlin. I will be all right. I'm just really sore.

The salmon salad sounds very good, but I just don't think I can do it tonight. I can barely move. Kim has already said he'd take the salmon and let me have the leftover fried bacon (forgot about that one) for a BLT.

I'm going to put some epsom salts in my bathwater, and have a good long soak.
I have plans to go to the farmer's market tomorrow, which is something I've never gotten to do. Gotta get well!

Connie,
just read about your fall, sorry you're hurting. Have the blt and go soak...
feel better, then you can worry about dinner another day.

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Well another day with Ethan,Carson and Olivia, I changed so many diapers and fixed two different lunches and one type of breakfast, so dinner was a get it in the oven NOW!!! I had a whole chicken, lifted the skin and massaged in a mix of butter,lemon pepper,garlic and onion powder, put some on the outside as well, added some small yukon gold potatoes to the drippings in the pan, fixed some sauteed mushrooms,made a mix of green beans, with bacon and garlic, sliced some tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions and avocados, threw some rolls in the oven and that was it for tonight...dessert no way no how, they can hit the freezer and get ice cream or eat some of the banana, chocolate chip sweet bread I made last night.:LOL:

kadesma
Yum! I think I'll try that this weekend. More details? What temp and how long and all that stuff. It's my ambition to cook like kadesma. :LOL:
I'm having some sad wild rice with sauteed mushrooms.

corazon90 said:
Yum! I think I'll try that this weekend. More details? What temp and how long and all that stuff. It's my ambition to cook like kadesma. :LOL:
I'm having some sad wild rice with sauteed mushrooms.
Cora, :LOL:
I'll post a recipe for you in the chicken,turkey topic.
kadesma

After reading about pumkin so much yesterday here I made a soup with the kabocha squash I found in my new local supermaket. It was scrumptious, I planned to hae the leftover for lunch, but by the time I got ownstairs this morning my husband was polishing it off...FOR BREAKFAST, lol. Still, I happily eat chinese takeaway or cold pizza for breakfast, so I can hardly critise!

Take care Constance.

Last night I made a Tofu stirfry with tofu (of course), ground turkey, bok choy, fresh Shitake mushrooms, & a couple of handfuls of packaged "broccoli slaw mix" (which is just finely julienned broccoli stems), seasoned with chicken stock, dry sherry, soy sauce, garlic, fresh ginger, Chinese preserved black beans, hot bean paste, sesame oil, & a dash of sugar. Served over white rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom