3/1/2019 - National Pig Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL:
That looks delicious, Kay. I think I may have saved that Chef John recipe you posted before....but saved it again, just in case.

Wow, does that ever look and sound good. Did you have to smoosh the sandwich down to eat it, though?

No, actually I pulled out a little soft bread from the inside of the split Bolillo rolls before spreading them with mayo/Sriracha and toasting in the oven. It made room for all the important stuff. ;) Killer sandwiches for sure!:yum:

Last Night's Blackened salmon Filet (bought Pre-Blackened), Jasmine Rice with an Orange sauce Drizzle, Broccoli Cuts...

Salmon, Blackened, Jasmine Rice.jpg

Carl’s Jr. had a BOGO free offer: 2 junior star cheeseburgers, and I didn’t feel like cooking or leftovers, so that’s what we had. They were very messy, which suits me, and they tasted great; a far cry from any burger at Mickey D’s or Jack-in-the-Box. Oh, and they didn’t charge for extra cheese!

You're going all out for Pig Day! :wub:

No pig here. I made a Turkish onion soup last night - it has lots of sumac and lamb meatballs. So delicious! This is my new favorite onion soup [emoji39] So we're having leftover soup with salad and homemade bread.
I'd love to hear more about that recipe GG.:chef:
First, you steep 1/3 cup of sumac in a quart of hot water. Then you caramelize a pound of onions in butter with some salt. Dissolve 2 tbsp tomato paste in a cup of hot water. Strain sumac and put sumac water, tomato paste water, a quart of water or stock, and onions in a large pot; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Make lamb meatballs and simmer in soup liquid 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve, topped with orzo and rice pilaf.
0228192019a.jpg

I have been thinking about foraging sumac. It grows in Southern Quebec. It shouldn't be too hard to find some growing wild. I used to see lots when I lived in the country, but didn't know how useful it could be. Apparently, just stay away from the ones with white or pale green drupes. That's poison sumac.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom