3/14/19 Dinner. Pi not required.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Let's see how many people will actually make their planned Pie today.

I'm doing Sweet n Sour oven pork ribs for dinner and I'm going to attempt making a Key Lime Pie....yes, me. :rolleyes:

I made pizza pi for lunch. Does that count? We aren't much of dessert eaters.

Dinner will be pork tenderloin and asparagus, both on the grill. Lemony basmati rice in the Zoji.

My planned dinner of thawed pot roast went to the wayside because the darn thing didn't thaw.. :ohmy:
My planned Chocolate Pie didn't work out as I didn't have enough corn starch to make the filling.. :wacko:

Oh well... It was grilled hot dogs on toasted ciabatta rolls, beans and chips..

I baked a chocolate cake for later.. :yum:

There's always tomorrow.. :ermm:

Ross

If the meat thaws, and I find enough energy to make buns, we’ll be having cheeseburgers tonight.

I made meatball burgers simmered in tomato sauce (topped with grated
Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses), buttered jasmine rice draped with sauce and buttered green beans.

meatball_burgers_031419_IMG_5507.jpg

I had a Shepherds Pie I had frozen. Not bad but I've done better.

Tip of the day:

No matter how tiny, Brussel Sprouts are NOT a good substitute for peas. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Let's see how many people will actually make their planned Pie today.

I'm doing Sweet n Sour oven pork ribs for dinner and I'm going to attempt making a Key Lime Pie....yes, me. :rolleyes:
I'm just waiting for the oven to heat up before I put my chicken pot pie crust and filling together and bake them up :chef:
20190314_194239.jpg20190314_194253.jpg

I made an apple pie this morning, using Pillsbury's finest pie crust. For dinner I made Swedish meatballs, mashed, gravy and corn and beet pickles. Dx was pleased.

I made a pie in my mind. It was an extraordinary beef pot pie with flaky crust, small cubes of seared beef, a delicious gravy and a masterful selection of veggies.

In reality, we had burger patties on the griddle and tater tots in the TO.

I am waiting for my Pi dough to get to room temperature. My filling (basically a thick beef stew), is ready and tasty. After looking at some recipes for beef pot pie, I came to the conclusion that it is basically beef stew in a pie.

Mine has sirloin cut into small cubes, browned and braised for a couple of hours until fall-apart tender. I thickened the braising liquid, and added cubes of potatoes, boiled in beef stock, mushrooms, peas and corn.

Pics of my Pi later, if it turns out well.

CD

Last edited:
We had linguine Alfredo and a salad for supper. I tried a vegi in the salad I had never tried before: black radish. It's a nice radishy radish, but the skin is noticeably bitter. Well, at least they are big enough that peeling them won't be onerous. We had store bought apple pie, a gift from my mummy-in-law, for dessert. We discovered that the shortening is made with palm and soy oils. So, I didn't eat the crust. It was okay, but it was pie.

I am waiting for my Pi dough to get to room temperature. My filling (basically a thick beef stew), is ready and tasty. After looking at some recipes for beef pot pie, I came to the conclusion that it is basically beef stew in a pie.

Mine has sirloin cut into small cubes, browned and braised for a couple of hours until fall-apart tender. I thickened the braising liquid, and added cubes of potatoes, boiled in beef stock, mushrooms, peas and corn.

Pics of my Pi later, if it turns out well.

CD

Okay, here it is, my first meat pie. I shot it whole, because I suspected that the sliced view would not be pretty... and I was right.

Very tasty, but I'm not sure I will be making it very often. It is very time consuming.

CD

Attachments

• Pi-002.jpg
    Pi-002.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 106
Nice dinners, especially your pies GG and cd! I had planned on making a cottage pie (beef instead of lamb), but decided we best deal with the pile of leftovers instead. Worked out best since I did my grocery/library run today. Himself finished off the meatloaf, I cleaned up the chicken marsala. I did buy a half pie - raspberry - and we had slices of that with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

Love the "picture proof of the pies" guys. Good job from both of you.

You'll notice the picture of my Key Lime Pie is missing because it didn't happen.:ermm: Just as well actually.

No picture of our good dinner either but that actually happened.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom