3/21/2019 - Bach's Birthday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Johann Sebastian Bach was born on this day in 1685. Amazing to think that after 334 years we still listen to his music.

Local supermarket has littlenecks on sale for $2.99 / lb. (12 count), so I picked up three pounds. Clams and fresh linguine tonight, salad on the side.

The little one-off grocer in the next town runs "Wacky Wednesday" deals each week. One of yesterday's offerings was Kentucky Legend half hams for $1.99 a pound! I rarely find that brand of ham for less than $4, so I surely bought one yesterday. I would have bought more, but I am trying to cook down the contents of my freezer...

Sides will be sauteed zucchini, steamed broccoli, and micro'd potato.

I think tonight will be pan fried thin rib eye steak sandwiches on Portuguese rolls. There is American cheese, fried onions and peppers to add to sandwich. I will probably just have a butter schmear, salt and ground pepper.

Pulled pork sandwiches from last night's Kaula Pig. I'll make up some vinegar based Carolina BBQ sauce. Pineapple salsa on the top, and potato salad on the side.

I think tonight will be pan fried thin rib eye steak sandwiches on Portuguese rolls. There is American cheese, fried onions and peppers to add to sandwich. I will probably just have a butter schmear, salt and ground pepper.

I had one with butter schmear and one with schmear and a slice of cheese on mini Portuguese rolls. And deli potato salad on the side. Very good.

Scampi, pilaf and sauteed veggies..

For dessert, trying a frozen German vanilla/lemon cake I spotted @ Aldi's...

Ross

Attachments

• Scampi dinner.jpg
    Scampi dinner.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109
I have Huli Huli chicken marinating in the fridge, which we will probably broil later, since there's been a lot of rain today. I have leftover rice pilaf, so I'll add some chopped pineapple and hearts of palm to that (the lady who made a green salad with tropical fruit for Monday's dinner had leftover fruit and didn't want it) and make salad. Eating late tonight because I have to get an MRI at 6:30.

CG-- Ky Legends is my favorite ham too.

Nice sunshiny day, good enough to work on my suntan under my stocking cap, hoodie and gloves and do some grillin'. We had grilled brats, sauerkraut, cole slaw and a small bowl of potato salad.

No oomph today, so we are ordering out. I will get a cobb salad and Stirling is getting a club roll (grilled smoked meat, salami, and stuffed chicken on an onion roll) and a baked potato.

I threw together a corned beef hash from the last of the leftovers. Turned out really good. I tasted a bite around 3 this afternoon and knew I couldn't resist the rest of it, so I fried an egg for a side and devoured it all. :ermm::LOL:

I'll probably have some cheese and crackers or maybe some fruit to snack on a little later.

It is another nice evening to cook outdoors, so I'm going to grill up a cheeseburger.

CD

I have Huli Huli chicken marinating in the fridge, which we will probably broil later, since there's been a lot of rain today. I have leftover rice pilaf, so I'll add some chopped pineapple and hearts of palm to that (the lady who made a green salad with tropical fruit for Monday's dinner had leftover fruit and didn't want it) and make salad. Eating late tonight because I have to get an MRI at 6:30.
Dinner. I was too tired to make the salad. Added some dried cherries to the rice.
20190321_201853.jpg

Everything looks and sounds great guys!!

DSC01049.jpg

We had a nice 'loaded' Salad with a piece of
grilled Salmon Fillet on top and
Trader Joe's Multi-Grain Pita Bite Crackers as a side …
we went light this evening as lunch was our big meal today …
Cheese Burgers from last nights ground Beef
(I used 1/2 lb. for the Taco Meat and the other half for Burgers-plan ahead!)
with Trader Joe's Handsome Cut Potato Fries in my new Deep Fryer,
along with a Henry Weinhard's Root Beer, MMM!

DSC00885.jpg

That was a very yummy day!
But WAIT!
We're not done, we'll still have dessert too!

Back
Top Bottom