3/24/17 - It's Aloha Friday - Whatcha Makin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter asked for tortilla wrap for dinner so I said yes . I used pork steaks and then sliced it thinly in strips, lots of vegs we had left , sauce and tortilla. Happy kid, happy dad and I wasnt tired after making it.

DH is out playing golf - once daylight saving is in effect, one local course has a deal on Fridays and he goes regularly with a few friends. I'm enjoying lovely weather and a glass of wine on the porch.

We have a lot of leftovers, so we'll graze later.

Nice grub, JC!

I REALLY have been jonesin' for a belated birthday steak dinner, but all our good steak houses have closed. I don't count Appleby's as a steak place. So it will be take-out pizza. Sigh.

Last edited:
Chicken tenders in bacon pesto cream sauce, including artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers, served over spinach pasta. Steamed broc on the side.

Pizza for dinner

img_1504039_0_b34cd2a27adad322aeeeea6b48e495b5.jpg

I finally made stuffed shells. I used ricotta, a cheddar blend, and Parmesan cheese to fill the shells and some spicy spaghetti sauce to finish them up. Delicious.

Typical Lenten Catholic church fish fry, Cleveland style. As in, we had FRIED fish. Can't believe the parishes around here advertise "fish FRY" and then offer only baked fish. :huh:

Had a piece of cod cut into small serving pieces and fried, added a small pack of pre-fried popcorn shrimp, made my own coleslaw, and tried a little something with Potato Dots (or whatever the house brand of flat Tater Tots is called). I waffled the dots in two layers with a slice of sharp American cheese between them. Good enough to eat, not special enough to repeat. The good news is my next batch of waffles should slip right off the waffle iron. The bad news? The first run might have a faint flavor of sharp American cheese...

Back
Top Bottom