"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-20-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
Executive Chef
3 Jalapeno potato chip shootout!!! Who wins the WAR.........

I have now tasted 3 Jalapeno potato chips and will give you my reviews of all three of these. The First I tasted was the Miss Vickie's Jalapeno Potato Chip brand. I reviewed this chip earlier at this site. The Second brand I tasted was the Wegman's brand chip. The final brand I have tasted was Herr's brand.

Wegman's Brand chip was the cheepest of the chips that I have tasted. The color of the chip was a waste. Looked way to much like a regular potato chip which stunk. The taste of the chip was good and did not leave much of an after taste and it did not win the shootout. It was also a thin chip which I did not like at all. It seemed like they did not really care aout the chip at all in the color department.

The Herr's chip was a more expensive chip. I think it was thicker than the Wegmans chip. The color was much better on this chip. It had small jalapeno flakes on it to give it some flavor. Great tasting chip with some after taste in it, I want that in a jalapeno chip. Still did not win the shootout. This company that produced this chip, cared about its chip.

Herr's chip can found at this webpage:

The winner so far was the Miss Vickie's Jalapeno Potato Chip. This was the Thickest chip out of the three I have tasted and the full red color of the chip really was great. The flavor of the chip was perfect, wonderful after taste. Too bad I can't find a big bag of this chip in stores. The people that make this chip REALLY REALLY REALLY care about a potato chip!!!!!!!!!!

Still have not tried the wise brand chip yet.

Have you had your habanero pepper today????
The hotter the pepper, the better the pepper!!!
kleenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Now for the wise Chipotle Smoked Jalalpeño review:

The chip has a lite reddish color to the chip with some spices on it which I liked. It was a thin chip which I did not like so much. It had a nice mellow flavor like the bag said. It had very little heat to the chip at all though which I thought stunk.

It seems like they did care about this chip though

I will give this chip a thumbs up, But I want to eat a HOT and spicy chip though.
Have you had your habanero pepper today????
The hotter the pepper, the better the pepper!!!
kleenex is offline   Reply With Quote