30 August - What's on the dinner plate mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to a Curry cooking class tonight. Made Thai Red Curry with vegetables and grilled salmon, Green Thai curry with chicken and brown rice and Thai Cucumber Salad and Indian Curried Shrimp. All very simple recipes and really good. It was fun cooking with a group, there were 8 students and the chef/teacher and her assistant.
It was fun!

Last edited:
Went to a Curry cooking class tonight. Made Thai Red Curry with vegetables and grilled salmon, Green Thai curry with chicken and brown rice and Thai Cucumber Salad and Indian Curried Shrimp. All very simple recipes and really good. It was fun cooking with a group, there were 8 students and the chef/teacher and her assistant.
It was fun!

SB, that sounds like a lot of fun :)

The meals you made sound brilliant!

I like the sound of the Indian Curried Shrimp :yum:

How many classes are there in the course SB?

My daughter, grandson and I spent the day at the river and had a late lunch at the Kern River Brewing Company. :yum: So that was dinner. :) Amazing menu, it was hard to decide what to get. We decided on splitting a turkey wrap with seasoned waffle fries and a warm spinach/artichoke/parmesan and olive oil dip, served with 2 soft pretzels the size of dinner plates.

The wraps were roast turkey, bacon, spinach, avocado, orange and red bell pepper strips, and sundried tomatoes in olive oil. Very good.

That looks fabulous Cheryl :yum:

Capellini topped with a light tomato sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and buttered microwave steamed fresh broccoli

img_1182470_0_7ba8b07ec08068a4a3909f300502489a.jpg

We too love broccoli...funny though, I never used to like it and Steve got me to try it again one night and I thought it was not bad...so now we try to have it at least twice a week

Looks wonderful, msm. I love broccoli too, just about any way. :yum: The pasta looks divine, now I am craving pasta....! :)

Kylie1969 said:
SB, that sounds like a lot of fun :)

The meals you made sound brilliant!

I like the sound of the Indian Curried Shrimp :yum:

How many classes are there in the course SB?

Kylie, it's not really a course, just a local kitchen shoppe owner/caterer who offers different 1 evening "mini" classes, it was like an evening out where we did the cooking, you can even bring wine to have while cooking and dining. I had given my best friend a gift certificate for a class of her choosing as a Christmas gift( we were a little late getting around to using it lol!) we have decided we liked it so much that we shall continue to do this instead of our regular dinner out every couple of months!

Here is the link to the website, if you care to see what I am talking about :)

http://m.tabletopgourmetspecialties.com/Events---Classes.html

I love any type of pasta...I am after so many different types at the moment....seafood, meat, veg...anything :yum:

Kylie, it's not really a course, just a local kitchen shoppe owner/caterer who offers different 1 evening "mini" classes, it was like an evening out where we did the cooking, you can even bring wine to have while cooking and dining. I had given my best friend a gift certificate for a class of her choosing as a Christmas gift( we were a little late getting around to using it lol!) we have decided we liked it so much that we shall continue to do this instead of our regular dinner out every couple of months!

Here is the link to the website, if you care to see what I am talking about :)

Tabletop Gourmet Specialties - Events & Classes[/QUOTE] SB, sorry... It sounds wonderful though, thank you for the link xx

Back
Top Bottom