31 August, what's for Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry::angry::angry:Go Yankees??? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyway, today we are going to some of the local festivals. Like to hit the Greek festival today and go to the concert on the common this evening. Last night we went to the Brazilian festival. Lots of good things to eat!

Brazilian festival today in New York, too!

NY strip steak on the grill, tomato salad from the garden, redskin hash browns w/vadalia onions and fresh sweet corn. Carrot cake for dessert.

Joe

Mmmmmm...we found some actual USDA choice beef at Costco a few days ago and so tonight we're eating lovely rare roast beef, mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus. The chickens and pork here are SO much better than anything we bought in the US. The beef? Not so much. Not grain fed, very lean and very tough. Hope you all enjoy your Labor Day cookouts, picnics, baseball games, vacations and family get-togethers.

sounds spectacular to me KE I love eggplant Parm!

SOMEONE ate too much of my mozzarella - it will have to do! I'll go cook some fettucini to take care of all that extra sauce. These eggplants are so good!!! Little baby ones from a friend's garden. YUM!

The coleslaw is still in the fridge... dessert :)
I'f I don't break out the Spanish peanuts and make a Mexican Sundae.

Geez I love eating :) The country ribs were falling apart all over the place....

Attachments

• 8-31-3.jpg
    8-31-3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 177
oh my Pacanis......I am drooling!!! And I'm not even hungry, but if that were put in front of me I would have no prob eating it!!!

Tonight, something I have been wanting for a week. Grilled Burgers with fresh tomato and onion...

A good burger is really hard to beat. I am a bit of purist, Ground round, a little seasoned salt.. that's it. I have tried all the others, add onion, soup mix, etc. When I am hungry for a grilled burger... just give me the meat and cook it on a HOT grill to sear the outside. It should be crisp on the outside and a little juicy on the inside. I do prefer it to be just a tad on the dry side for a burger.

we had planned to go to the beach today, but the traffic was ridiculous in the morning, and even worse tonight, so somehow i got talked into going to the mall to help shop for school stuff for my boy. i'll take a day off this week and we'll hit the beach one last time this summer.

after the mall, we went to the olive garden. (it was the only place around, and meltdowns were imminent. both dw and my boy)
the salad and breadsticks were good, and the service very good. but then dw had a mediocre-at-best chicken marsala, and if i had to give the chianti braised short ribs a grade, i'd say d plus. the sauce tasted like it was just squeezed out of a latex bladder right over the meat. it had a sort of plastic, preservative laden taste to it.
i shoulda ordered the steak. what can you do wrong to a hunk o' meat over a fire? if it is overcooked, you just have to wipe the spit off the secong one they bring you...

Thanks all :)
That teriyaki, honey and brown sugar glaze is really "da bomb".

Here's the wings bubblin' away before I took them out of the pan and set them directly on the grill. The corn was just resting at this point and the pressure cooker letting off a little steam.

Attachments

• teriyaki wings.jpg
    teriyaki wings.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 171
Bobbing for pigs feet? Are they pickled...the pigs feet, not the hosts?
img_676148_0_85aabb3015459a6945209d5cbb34437f.gif
I gotta show this post to my kids who thing the I'M a little bit different. Welllll, they think I'm a LOT different. Have fun , Barb. We're going to look for flooring for the office.

BTW, your fridge pickles are almost gone. I'll bring back the quart jar when we're done so you can refill it.:LOL::LOL:

Joe

Actually by the time they bobbed for pigs feet EVERYONE was pickled!!! The pigs feet he bought were fresh ones and he boiled them or something to make sure they were cooked. He put them in a pot to bob in. Gross....:pig:

I'll be making some more fridge pickles today, they'll be ready in a day or so. I just picked a ton of cukes and green peppers to make more. I'll let you know when they're ready.

Barb

applebee's- i ate riblets & jake, a cheezeburger. trio of mozzarella stix, mini chix sammiches & artichoke dip fer an appy. my riblets were not worth a cent. uck. & i'm not picky!!!

oops, that's monday's dinner!!!

Back
Top Bottom