4-22-2014 What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newjuliea

Assistant Cook
Right out the oven... HOT (spicy) Chili. Only thing missing is chopped chives. However, I did top with a dollop of Daisy. How do you top your Chili?

Attachments

• 1977482_10203707257387706_7475920032359965309_n.jpg
    1977482_10203707257387706_7475920032359965309_n.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 188
I top my chili with cheese and sour cream. That looks lovely. I'm making a sloppy joe ring. It's made with sloppy joe and crescent rolls. I'll throw together a salad on the side and I have strawberries for dessert.

I don't top my chili unless a specific recipe calls for it. I like chili as is.

Tonight I finished off the bacon, chicken, mushroom, pasta thing I made the other night. I might make a salad later... if I don't fill up on peanuts in the meantime.

Togarashi, teriaki Rainbow Trout
39817-albums933-picture5891.jpg

Chili gets topped with cheese and sometimes onion.

Tonight's dinner was penne topped with a tomato sauce and Italian sausage.

DH is at a late meeting tonight. I have chicken cacciatore on the stove, green salads in the fridge, garlic bread ready to go into the toaster oven, and hot water waiting for spaghetti. Just waiting for him to get home so we can start with the salads and finish up the rest.

Re: chili toppings, my chicken chili gets cheese, green onion, and yogurt or sour cream. My beef chili might get a sprinkle of cheese.

I was out working in the yard, and a man drives up, hops out, and wants to make me a free salad as a business promo. He returned a short time later, made a lovely salad with cabbage, summer squash, radish, apple, cheese, other stuff that he cut up with a nifty crank thing, gave me his business info, and left. He's working on expanding his home cooking business. Bonus, he wasn't an ax murderer, and we got the answer to what's for dinner.

newjuliea, depends on the mood. Usually plain like pac, but sometimes we'll top with grated cheddar, sour cream, diced onions (but only Himself) and/or oyster crackers.

...I might make a salad later... if I don't fill up on peanuts in the meantime.
What happened? Did you finish the ice cream and hot fudge? :pig:

I made mini turkey meatloaves, canned corn, and baked potatoes coated in a pepper and smoked salt dusting. Started with a Honeymoon Salad, blushing.

Attachments

• 2014-04-22 21.15.38.jpg
    2014-04-22 21.15.38.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 156
Since we had bad news at the vet we aren't in the mood for real food. We're having Tim Horton's doughnuts, chips, Camembert and other cheeses, and adult beverages.

Completely understandable taxy.
smiley-hug008.gif

When the neighbor from Hades called to tell us her Husky murdered (my term, not hers) our kitty Himself and I were on the way home from OH. We stayed at a Holiday Inn that had a TGIF's on the property. Two apps and two drinks each and we were good for the night.

CG, I'm out of Hershey's syrup.
I've been saving the ice cream until I get more, but I've got plenty of peanuts.
Great looking plate.

Last edited:
newjuliea, depends on the mood. Usually plain like pac, but sometimes we'll top with grated cheddar, sour cream, diced onions (but only Himself) and/or oyster crackers.

What happened? Did you finish the ice cream and hot fudge? :pig:

I made mini turkey meatloaves, canned corn, and baked potatoes coated in a pepper and smoked salt dusting. Started with a Honeymoon Salad, blushing.

I have always heard that Honeymoon salad was just "Lettuce (Let Us) Alone". :angel:

We picked up daughter from airport this afternoon. We're keeping it simple. 12 hours of traveling, egad. I'm going to fry some ribeyes in the caste iron skillet, baked potato's on the side. Salad. A ice cream pie with peanut butter cups and heath bars for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom