4/3/11 - What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Ma's Sunday here simple meal for us today we are having, onion-garlic meat loaf, stuffed eggs with chives,tarragon, shallot sweet pickle relish, corn bread muffins with parm and Monterey jack, crisp pancetta, green onions garlic mashed potatoes for us Carson and Olivia asked for feathered rice, asparagus roasted and topped with parmesan Green salad and straberry shortcake.
What's going to be on your table?
kadesma

I have planned lasagna, garilc bread and salad.

I plan on roasting a chicken, haven't decided on the sides yet, maybe stuffing, maybe wild rice pilaf. Probably mashed potatoes and gravy tho! :)

Lasagna here tonight also. Making a huge pan so we can have it for dinner later this week and some lunches.

Prime rib and other stuff.

I'll bring dessert - pie OK? Got a lovely apple pie I can bring along. MMMMMM!

OK, seriously though, dinner here is going to be chicken breast something or other. I have some lemons to use up, and some wild rice and mushrooms. I'll toss something together with that and hope it is edible.

Pie would be super, Alix. Should I make some vanilla ice cream to go with it?

I've decided on mushroom risotto to go with the prime rib. I think it will go well the more that I think about it. I'll pick up some crimini mushrooms (I already have the dried porcini) when I run down to the store to check their bulletin board for a lost dog that I found yesterday.

Had dinner a little early tonight. Everything was cooked on the grill, wings (marinated in Dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and ginger), packet Augratin potatoes, broccoli and garlic bread.

Attachments

• dinner04032011.jpg
    dinner04032011.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 154
We had a late lunch/early supper at around 4:30pm of breakfast! Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, mayo rolls.

Mama said:
Had dinner a little early tonight. Everything was cooked on the grill, wings (marinated in Dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes and ginger), packet Augratin potatoes, broccoli and garlic bread.

Oh Mama!
Your meals always make me drool! Not ladylike at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Nice night here, so time for food on a stick!

Skewered chicken, with lemon-mustard marinade with skewered veggies on the side, red pepper and red onion on one skewer and zucchini on the other. Veggies just get a little salt, pepper and olive oil. YUM!

Pie would be super, Alix. Should I make some vanilla ice cream to go with it?

I've decided on mushroom risotto to go with the prime rib. I think it will go well the more that I think about it. I'll pick up some crimini mushrooms (I already have the dried porcini) when I run down to the store to check their bulletin board for a lost dog that I found yesterday.

Sounds awesome PaC!! I grind my dry porcini and sprinkle into whatever. I rarely if ever soak them whole in water. I love the flavor.

OH MAMA!!

Lasagna (oven ready no bake lasagna noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, Romano and Parmesan cheese, raw eggs (in ricotta mix), hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, ground beef, sausage, fresh herbs – oregano, basil and parsley, homemade tomato burgundy sauce), garlic bread (butter, EVOO, fresh parsley, fresh garlic, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses)
img_986418_0_60475e38b9f9b0f8fce7de62fb9d7363.jpg

And Almost Greek salad (red and green butter lettuce, iceberg lettuce, vine tomato, black and green olives, red onion, green onion, anchovies and feta cheese) dressed with Greek dressing (EVOO, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mashed fresh garlic, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and dry oregano).
img_986418_1_1cf08009c034f2b24eaa825dcb352b33.jpg

img_986418_2_6f07d5f8915087c7475074b3fada9e75.jpg

Last edited:
lol, I'm a soaker and a chopper, msm. I always like the thought of finding one of the pieces in amongst the other food items :rolleyes:

Beautiful lasagna, salad and garlic bread. Poifect meal :chef:

Here was my turf to balance out last night's surf.

Attachments

• prime rib & risotto.jpg
    prime rib & risotto.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 177
Back
Top Bottom