5/10/2019 - Friday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I made a Mediterranean b/s chicken thigh dish in the (gasp!) slow cooker. I browned the chicken in the Cuisinart multi-cooker, then sauteed some onion and garlic. I added some Kalamata and Castelvotrana olives, along with some capers and a sliced lemon, and some chicken stock. After 2-1/2 hours on low I added some sliced roasted red pepper, then cooked it for another hour. It was served over brown rice, with a green salad on the side.

Tasty stuff.

Last edited:
I'm sous viding a london broil (shoulder steak). I'll finish it in a CI skillet. Sides are veggie and buttered noodles.

I wasn't in the mood for cooking. But, I was in the mood for making tuna salad. My tuna salad tends towards equal volumes of tuna, chopped celery, and sliced scallions, so protein and plenty of veg. Supper was tuna salad sandwiches. Mine were on Wasa crispbread, garnished with slices of cucumber. DH's were on whole grain wheat toast, garnished with pea sprouts and Boston lettuce.

It felt like I pulled supper out of a hat. :) :yum:

Not in the mood to cook today either. :) On the plus side, it rained HARD all night long, and hasn't let up much until a little bit ago. I've had a nice lazy day watching the rain, movies, and snacking. Will probably finish up the rest of the watermelon and have a grilled cheese sandwich here in a few.

I'm sous viding a london broil (shoulder steak). I'll finish it in a CI skillet. Sides are veggie and buttered noodles.

That sounds interesting. How long are you going to sous vide it? I am wondering if a long time at a low temparature might help with tenderness. It would be an interesting experiment. Let us know how it turns out.

As for me, I am in Houston, and we went to this mom-n-pop seafood place, where I had some fried catfish. It was excellent! Crispy crust, with a moist and flaky fish inside.

CD

A friend and I went to a local place (guess I wasn't in the mood to cook either) and I got a massive ribeye along with a shared order of cheesy garlic bread and a creme brûlée. I took home most of the steak.

Making beef samosas ATM, assembling shortly, I'll keep some for frying for my tea. Rest going in the freezer. Served with rhaita and date and tamarind chutney.
These really are GOOD! Wife's going out for dinner then a show with her bestie. Home alone.

Russ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 133
Had a fabulous chicken breast in the crock-pot today.

Didn't cook very long and was delicious.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast slathered with melted butter, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, crushed rosemary, garlic, some chicken broth. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. Sooo good. We had mashed taters and buttered, steamed green peas as our side.

For dessert we had leftover wedding cake from a wedding we attended last night.

Tonight was two first runs. They were both wonderful.

Olive oil, rosemary and Kalamata olive bread.

olive_rosemary_bread_051019_IMG_5809.JPG

And mini bowtie pasta, shiitake mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, shallot, smoked turkey wings, chives, smoked turkey stock, heavy cream, grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

pasta_turkey_mushrooms_051019_IMG_5807.jpg

SC found an excellent product in the deli section of the grocery..Dietz & Watson Black Forest Bratwurst, so I put them to good use.

Hollowed out Bolillo rolls were oven toasted and stuffed with the roasted sausages along with a crisp tender butter sauteed combo of red onion/red and green pepper and sliced apple. The tart apple sent the sandwiches over the top. Just delicious with a potato salad side.

Attachments

• P5100005[1].jpg
    P5100005[1].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 82
I also didn't cook !

Carried in something my Chinese Take-Out friend chose for me called 'Dragon & Phoenix' ... General Tso's Chicken on the one hand, Shanghai Shrimp on the other... The Chicken was just what she said; General Tso's.... the Shanghai Shrimp was amazing ! Perfect combination of hot and sweet !
A winner !
Oh, and some Lefty Potato Salad from yesterday ...

King China Dragon & Phoenix.jpg

I cooked! It had been over a week since I had made pizza :ohmy:

Attachments

• DSCN9067.jpg
    DSCN9067.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN9070.jpg
    DSCN9070.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN9071.jpg
    DSCN9071.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 73
Had a fabulous chicken breast in the crock-pot today.

Didn't cook very long and was delicious.

Boneless, skinless chicken breast slathered with melted butter, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, crushed rosemary, garlic, some chicken broth. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. Sooo good. We had mashed taters and buttered, steamed green peas as our side.

For dessert we had leftover wedding cake from a wedding we attended last night.
Delicious? In a Crock Pot? You must have done something wrong. Probably didn't cook it long enough.

Pirate called Carlos's Sub Shop and ordered a meatball sub for me and for him an Italian Sub with everything on it.

Now I very rarely eat bread. Maybe every six months or so. And even then I don't finish it. But Carlos's gets a delivery every morning of bread from a local bakery. But he won't tell anyone where it is. So FRESH! I picked out all the meatballs first and then ate the bread. Even I know their meatballs are delicious, the bread was calling me. And I complied.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom