5/4/2019 - Run for the Roses Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight may be thick bone-in pork chops braised with sauerkraut, onions, potatoes, pork gravy, caraway & fennel seeds.

A lot of National days to choose from today!

May 4th

Last edited:
Tonight's Pork Loin Chop, Butterflied and Stuffed, Bruce's Yams, Peas & Pearls...

Pork Chop, Butterfly, Stuffed.jpg

Derby day, I'm also a horse fan, I've raced a few good ones.

Back to dinner, roast topside beef for hot meat sammiiches. With tomato relish,onions and cheese. Twice fried chips.

Russ

We prefer our mint juleps minus the simple syrup and mint. ;)

We had capresish salads and naan bread pizzas. Himself's had pepperoni, onions, and mushrooms. Mine had black olives, tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms.
IMG_20190504_210704041_HDR.jpgIMG_20190504_211808139_HDR.jpg

I went to a friend's 80th Birthday party (she's also psycho-poodles dog sitter). It was catered by Blue Mesa Grill -- an excellent place. So, I had blue corn cheese enchiladas, a fajita taco, and their wonderful chips and salsa.

https://bluemesagrill.com

CD

Tonight may be thick bone-in pork chops braised with sauerkraut, onions, potatoes, pork gravy, caraway & fennel seeds.

A lot of National days to choose from today!

May 4th

There was one missing from all those first Saturday in May days:
World Naked Gardening Day

And no, I did not participate in this - the area here is too populated, plus my neighbor was having a BBQ.

Last edited:
IMG_4149.jpg

We sat out on our lanai as the sun came back out again,
with a dish of Kalua Pork, steamed White rice, Japanese
Cucumber Kim Chee ala Hawaii-Style, and
Kamaboko or Steamed Fish Cake with a small dish
of Wasabi and Shoyu for dipping.

I think we've had some sort of fish at least once
each that we've been in Hawaii, YUM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFTKtZtbXTA&list=UUmpkgLqI1q8UAGWZc61a7hQ&index=29

This is a quick video of where we are.

Did an all day smoked low and slow brined Pastrami. My first one.

Sure wish I had a few smokin' pro's from here to judge the outcome of the results.

I thought it was a tad on the salty side.Not too smoky

Everyone else thought it was great and couldn't wait to make sammiches with it.

Munky.

I made grilled pork souvlaki, bell peppers and potatoes and served them with tzatziki sauce and feta drizzled with some of the reserved marinade.
0504192051a-1.jpg

Derby day, I'm also a horse fan, I've raced a few good ones.

Back to dinner, roast topside beef for hot meat sammiiches. With tomato relish,onions and cheese. Twice fried chips.

Russ

;) So who won? You or the horse?

It's Derby Day! But I don't like mint juleps, and don't own any bonnets, so I guess I'll just watch the most exciting two minutes in sports on the tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61cceAXnC6w

The rain is supposed to end this morning (finally!), so it's grilling time. Chicken breasts, coconut basmati rice, and broc (either grilled or roasted).

Thank you so much for that. When I was working with 4-H kids, my favorite ones were the kids with horses. (Shhh! Don't let the other kids know!) I still get excited every time I see one even in a gentle trot. Horses are such beautiful animals.

Back
Top Bottom