6/12/16, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow.....everything looks great!

Here's ours....the best shrimp cocktails we've ever eaten. Plump and Tender Shrimp Cocktail Recipe | Serious Eats

img_1469558_0_6ca612db9e7597a4d731d5091e15c045.jpg

Beautiful....

Kay, Have you ever tried freezing the shrimp in the liquid or just freezing the liquid and re-using?

I guess I don't understand the question Med. We bought the large frozen shrimp and then prepared them according to the recipe.

Bea, I don't know if the salt/soda idea would work for other seafood, but I do know it makes a remarkable difference for shrimp.

Thanks for the nice words, friends.

As in re-using the liquid or cooking another batch of shrimp in the liquid after the first and then freezing all? Fennel isn't exactly cheap here, even at Penn Dutch, exhorbitant at Publix or Winn Dixie, let's not even talk about Fresh Market or Whole Foods. Don't mind spending the money if we are going to actually eat it, but to use it once in court bouillon and then trash it just bugs me. I know recipe says it's optional but fennel has such a strong presence that I'm sure it's a large component of the overall flavor.

As in re-using the liquid or cooking another batch of shrimp in the liquid after the first and then freezing all? Fennel isn't exactly cheap here, even at Penn Dutch, exhorbitant at Publix or Winn Dixie, let's not even talk about Fresh Market or Whole Foods. Don't mind spending the money if we are going to actually eat it, but to use it once in court bouillon and then trash it just bugs me. I know recipe says it's optional but fennel has such a strong presence that I'm sure it's a large component of the overall flavor.

Oh, OK, now I get it. I guess I'm lucky I can't stand fennel so I didn't use it. ;) I don't see why you couldn't use the court bullion again, although I didn't.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom