6/18/2019 - National Go Fishing Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't it amazing that,asa twenty year old I could eat 2 Wendy's Triples, with cheese, a bowl of chili, a large order of fries, and a side of baked beans, together with a large strawberry shake/malt. Now,I can't finish 1 whole, cap on, bone in ribeye, with a baked tater and cole slaw. 8 to10 brookies is now 2 to three 3. A stack of 7 pancakes is now a stack of three, and so on. And to top it off, I couldn't gain weight when I was twenty. I was 135 lbs, and wanted to gain weight, so I would be more normal. I wish I still had that body:neutral: So, we adapt,and learn to enjoy quality rather than quantity. It's all good.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Isn't it amazing that,asa twenty year old I could eat 2 Wendy's Triples, with cheese, a bowl of chili, a large order of fries, and a side of baked beans, together with a large strawberry shake/malt. Now,I can't finish 1 whole, cap on, bone in ribeye, with a baked tater and cole slaw. 8 to10 brookies is now 2 to three 3. A stack of 7 pancakes is now a stack of three, and so on. And to top it off, I couldn't gain weight when I was twenty. I was 135 lbs, and wanted to gain weight, so I would be more normal. I wish I still had that body:neutral: So, we adapt,and learn to enjoy quality rather than quantity. It's all good.

Man, we must be related, somehow. I could eat like that back in college, and still wear jeans with a 28-inch waste. My college roommate was thin, too, but stood 6'7". We would go to all you can eat t-bone night at Trail Dust, and I'd eat three, and he could polish off about 7.

Of course, I swam 20 laps a day, and he played basketball two or three nights a week. We also did 20-30 mile bike treks with another roomate.

Now, I can't swim two laps without a rest, and I couldn't finish my ribeye tonight.

But, back then, we also ate a lot of cheap food -- we were college students. Today, like you said, I'm more about quality than quantity.

CD

Last edited:
Seared Ahi, Grilled Yellow Squash w/ Garlic & pepper, Lightly Fried rice with Shrimps....

IMG_0661.jpg

Man, we must be related, somehow...
Of course, I swam 20 laps a day, and he played basketball two or three nights a week. We also did 20-30 mile bike treks with another roomate.

Now, I can't swim two laps without a rest, and I couldn't finish my ribeye tonight.

But, back then, we also ate a lot of cheap food -- we were college students. Today, like you said, I'm more about quality than quantity.

CD

Yeh, I was extremely active back then as well. I rode horses, dirtbiikes, bycycles, and walked a fair amount. I was in Judo three times a wek, and roller skating every Saturday night. I went to the gym regularly. I sot archery, and skeet, and played a little golf. When I left Tennesee, and got stationed in San Diego, my activity level increased to include scuba, and dirt-bike hill climbing as well. Those were amazing days. To bad we can't go back. Ah well, I have a lifetime of memories.

Back
Top Bottom