6/2/2019 - Sunday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner - catering by tenspeed. Marinated steak tips on the grill (a regular, as it's easy to prep in advance), home made spinach and cheese ravioli with home made marinara, green salad. SIL commented about the steak tips and ravioli "This is a really good pairing. I wouldn't have thought of it". What do these young'uns know?

Vegetarian chili

Attachments

• IGTVP Chili.jpg
    IGTVP Chili.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 119
My daughters took SO and me for an early Fathers Day lunch at a local seafood restaurant. Meals were tops. I had lemon dill salmon with mashed and a colorful medley of orange, yellow and purple mini carrots. Others had stuffed shrimp, lobster roll, fisherman’s platter and chicken nuggets and fries (grandson).

Chicken marinated with, grilled, then served with multi mustard sauce, home fries and honeydew and watermelon chunks.

Attachments

• 2019-06-02 20.06.22.jpg
    2019-06-02 20.06.22.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 102
I fried up a multi cheese, jalapeno, and refried bean quesadilla. Cut it up into triangles with watermelon, mango, and fresh picked cherry tomatoes for sides.

First dinner at home (sorry so photos, got too excited)
Bone-In New York Strip steak on my gas grill, that I have missed soooooooooooo very much (the apartment in Hawaii doesn't allow any grills),
fully loaded Baked Potato and a Caesar Salad!
YUM!

Dessert later will be Andy's sister's Apple Squares (also missed my oven to bake something yummy!) topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce... ah yum!!!

Did I say I REALLY missed my kitchen? :chef:

We had sausages on kamut buns. I had kimchi on one end and sauerkraut on the other end of mine. DH had mustard and onions on one and kimchi on the other one. We had leftover beets in lemon butter sauce as a side as well as dill pickles.

I made Mexican chicken - one of the few dishes I can make in under an hour. I seasoned chicken pieces with Arizona Dreaming, seared them in my Staub braiser, then smothered them with salsa. Melted cheese on top just before serving. Put them on a bed of Carolina Gold rice and along side corn and black beans seasoned with Tajin and topped with Cotija cheese. So easy, and one of Himself's favorites.
IMG_20190602_202235071_HDR.jpg

I grilled a bunch of peppers and an eggplant yesterday and made baba ghanoush (eggplant dip) and muhammara (roasted red pepper dip). I used another diced poached chicken breast to make a sort of Mediterranean chicken salad with Greek yogurt, Za'atar seasoning and extra sumac. Then I toasted pita triangles with olive oil spray, Penzeys Mural of Flavor and salt. Served it up with lettuce, tomatoes, lemon and chopped cashews as a mezze platter.
2019-06-03-14-17-14.jpeg

Love the look and sounds of that spread GG. Cute breadboard too.
Thanks, Kay! You may remember I went to a charcuterie board class recently at our local butcher shop where we put the lettering on the boards and then had a charcuterie tasting. It was great fun. Here's the entire board.
0603191551.jpg

Back
Top Bottom