6/21/2019 - Summer Solstice Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
It's the first day of summer for us in the Northern Hemisphere, and also the longest day of the year. It doesn't feel like summer, though. After a cool, wet spring, it's been raining here again today, and we finally hit 70 F this afternoon.

We went out to lunch at a relatively new restaurant. I had the Friday fish and chips special, which was way more than what I could eat. Mrs. T had a turkey BLT, which came with fries, and she couldn't finish hers either. Each lunch was only $9.95. I'll see how long these huge portions last at these prices.

We'll be having a light dinner of salad and a loaf of Dutch oven bread I pulled out of the freezer. I'll put the bread in the TO for a few minutes to firm up the crust.

We are going out for burgers this evening.. :yum:

Also going are D&SIL, grandson and his wife and two frisky great grandsons.. :ohmy:

When we get home, I'll take two aspirin and a slice of strawberry pie.. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Ross

It does my heart good to hear about you surrounded by your family Ross. I'm not worried anymore about your move there from Cali.

Typical June Gloom day here on the first day of summer although I like the cooler weather.

I'll be putting together an old time flashback casserole on the fly. Ham, asparagus and mushrooms with cheese and Ritz crackers along with the dreaded cream of whatever I have soup.

Certainly not like the first of Summer around here. It's cool and rainy yet again.

Dinner today will be country-style ribs on the grill and ranch potato salad.

I had roasted chicken drumsticks and sautéed fiddle heads for supper. I had never tried fiddle heads before and they were available with my produce basket, so I decided to give them a try. At the price, I won't be getting them again. They were pretty good, but not special and I really don't think Stirling would like them. Hmm, I wonder what he is having for supper. He is off camping at a local "mini Burning Man". It's called L'OsstidBurn 2019 Anyone familiar with Quebec culture should get a kick out of that name.

It's a beautiful first day of Summer
here in the middle of the desert!

I went with comfort food again for Poor Husband (I'm still calling him this)

IMG_4380.jpg

Hamburger Steak, one scoop Rice, pan gravy with onions
and the ever present Corn, that appears on most Plate
Lunches in Hawaii such as this.
I got quite the compliment from PH, he said that was
better than Rainbow's
OR Zippy's
PH: The only thing missing is a scoop of Macaroni Salad
Moi:True dat!!!
THAT was really ono!

Cook's night off. I had made a goodly amount of tuna salad on Thursday, so we had that. I made an open-faced melt and had it with an orange. Himself enjoyed the baguette I bought while out shopping today and loaded part of it up with salad. Good enough.

Carried in Last Night ...
Seafood Delight - Shrimps, Lobster & Scallops with the usual vegetable subjects.... and Tomato Slices.

Salad, Simple.jpg

King China Seafood Delight.jpg

Back
Top Bottom