6/30/2019 - Half Years Eve Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Yup, as of midnight tonight we will be half way through the year. Hard to believe, as we are just starting to get some warm weather.

We have some friends coming over this afternoon, so I'll be heading down to the lobster pound to pick up some lobster and steamers. I made some roasted potato salad (Laura Vitale recipe) and cole slaw with a sweet herb vinaigrette dressing. I pulled some cowboy cookie dough out of the freezer and baked a small batch, and Mrs. T will be heading to the ice cream shop to pick up some house made frozen yogurt.

https://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/roasted-potato-salad/

Yup, as of midnight tonight we will be half way through the year. Hard to believe, as we are just starting to get some warm weather.

We have some friends coming over this afternoon, so I'll be heading down to the lobster pound to pick up some lobster and steamers. I made some roasted potato salad (Laura Vitale recipe) and cole slaw with a sweet herb vinaigrette dressing. I pulled some cowboy cookie dough out of the freezer and baked a small batch, and Mrs. T will be heading to the ice cream shop to pick up some house made frozen yogurt.

https://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/roasted-potato-salad/

Yes... She has good recipes too.. ;)

Going to D&SIL's for BBQ.. Not certain what all they will have but, I do know that prawn's will be part of the meal.. A small celebration for my 80th coming on the 4th.. :ermm:

If my luck holds, my granddaughter-in-law will bake something yummy for Papa.. :yum:

Ross

I'm making one of my fave dishes.....browned and braised short ribs with veggies and gravy over mashed 'taters. Just started browning the ribs and prepping the carrots, celery, and onion. Smells good in here already. :yum:

I didn't cook on account of the lurgy I caught. DH ordered supper. He got a Michigan hot dog and I got a Cobb salad. I have leftovers from the salad. I don't have much appetite.

Chicken salad with blue cheese dressing because it's so hot. Unfortunately, now it's hotter because I'm baking the chicken in the oven now. I threw the second watermelon in the fridge and by later tonight it should finally be cold. I'll have that for dessert again.

Shell steak, steamed cauliflower, whipped taters & gravy.
(sorry for the messy plate)

steak_063019_IMG_5957.jpg

Yeah, things are a little different down here in Texas. :(

Now that is 9PM, the sun is down, and it is only 81F degrees, I am going to smoke some boudin that I bought in Port Arthur last week.

CD

This was our dinner to celebrate Anthony Bourdain, though we didn't have any alcohol, which he would not have approved of. But seriously, we had a good SE Asian dinner, with a mix of cuisines. We started sith some Som Tum, which I made with kohlrabi, rather than the standard green papaya (I'm posting this elsewhere). I made an eggplant recipe from Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet, which I have made many times, and they titled The Best Eggplant Dish Ever, though I wouldn't go that far! I also had some pickles, which I made yesterday - some pineapple pickle (a recipe I have made countless times from Cradle Of Flavor) and a basic sweet and sour cucumber. I also made that Cambodian pepper chicken, that I posted link for the recipe from Milk Street. Also stir-fried some bok choy stems, with some nam prik pao. And some jasmine rice on the side. Oh yeah, some Thai tea, but I always have that, with almost any food! We finished with a couple of those brownies, but we really weren't hungry by then, so I sent most home with them.

Back
Top Bottom