7/24/2019 - National Tequila Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner was frozen cavatelli, Italian sweet sausage, yellow & red peppers, onion, fresh garlic, multi-colored heirloom cherry tomatoes, seasoning and tomato paste topped with fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

This was a first run HIT! Everyone liked it.

cavatelli_sausage_peppers_tomato_072419_IMG_6045.jpg

Last edited:
Cheese hoagies and Israeli cous cous with basil, garlic oil and sun dried tomatoes. (Basil, garlic and sun dried tomatoes from garden)

**Sundried tomatoes were actually from last year , and not actually sun-dried, but dried in a dehydrator then frozen. Come to think of it, they may even be 2 years old, but still tasted great)**

I'm going to chop up some shrimp and add toasted almonds and fresh celery to the Rice-a-Roni fried rice and have that with crispy noodles on top.

I got the extra large shrimp - 7 to 9 count. I was going to use them in a garlic sauce, but I got a craving for the Rice-a-Roni. So those beautiful shrimp will are going into that. But I need to use them up. They've been in the freezer for almost three months now and I also want to use up my celery.

Leaf lettuce salad, lentils and mung beans, chick peas, tomatoes, gr. pepper, broccoli branches, tomato catalina dressing.

salad made with garden lettuce, radishes and onions, ham, cheddar cheese, homemade croutons (herbed sourdough bread toasted in garlic butter) green pepper, cucumber, tomato, and home made green chile ranch dressing. Raspberry crisp with yogurt for dessert. Picking raspberries every other day now.

I was hungry when I got to Dalls, so I stopped at Cantina Laredo for some cheese and onion enchiladas on the way home from the airport.

CD

Pat and Geno have nothing over us. We had Philly cheese steak sandwiches, but Himself grilled a prime sirloin that I sliced into thin pieces after it rested. Salads too - mostly romaine and 'maters, with a bit of Parma-Reggi curled right off the block with my potato peeler.
IMG_20190724_211154785.jpg

I ate leftovers - the rest of the gumbo, earlier, and all but one bowl of gazpacho. Later, I made my second large batch of that chana dal salad, using about 5 c of halved cherry tomatoes. Also those two red savinas I picked a couple days ago. Still, it doesn't seem as hot as when I make it with chocolate habs. I'll have to do a taste test of these, and the gold bullets, once they are all ripening.;)

I used a can of Hunt's Pasta Sauce, with the leftover chopped up grilled veggies and Italian sausages from a few nights ago. The wine, fresh chopped parsley and orecchiette pasta turned it all into a tasty and easy meal with some garlic toast on the side.

A chunk of lamb rubbed with a paste of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper roasted over a bed of potatoes and carrots, with a side of zucchini, yellow squash, butter and Ritz cracker crumbs casserole.

Back
Top Bottom