7/26/2019 - Whatcha Eatin' This Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Easy dinner of lobster, steamers, cole slaw, and a small loaf of DO bread I pulled out of the freezer.

When I went to the lobster pound to pick up dinner, there was a group of tourists in front of me that must be planning to gorge themselves on lobster. Ten select lobsters (a select is 2 lbs. plus), four lobster rolls, and a couple of other items. Their bill was $429 :eek:

We went to lunch with Mister Dear Friend over in his home town again, about 45 minutes from our homestead.
IMG_4508.jpg
"A Burger, mid-rare, Fries, crisp please and draft Beer, thank you."
I was so wrapped up in my gorgeous meal, that I have absolutely NO idea what the two guys ordered! :LOL:
They were so involved with talking Baseball, I just wandered around the diner, looking at all of the cool memorabilia, neat place out the middle of nowhere :heart:

I have Kalua Pork in my Nesco roaster, and fresh pineapple sticks marinating in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade that will be grilled later. We love pineapple done that way.
I'm making a big Southwestern corn and bean salad to take over to the kids tomorrow for a pool party, so we'll have some of that with tonight's dinner too.

Last edited:
Chicken antichuchos wirh aji panca puree and cilantro-serrano sauce, with green rice for the side.

Attachments

• 2019-07-26 18.09.47.jpg
    2019-07-26 18.09.47.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 100
Stove top smoker spare ribs, steamed corn and baked beans.

I dry rubbed (homemade rub) the ribs. After I smoked them I brushed them with a blend of Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce, Heinz Kansas City Style Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce, dry rub and Pomegranate Molasses. Then they went under the broiler to develop a nice bark. The bones just fell out. They had a wonderful flavor.

corn_072619_IMG_6050.JPG

ribs_072619_IMG_6051.jpg

ribs_corn_beans_072619_IMG_6053.jpg

Cheeeeeeezborger! I'm going to toss it on the grill, and maybe fry some taters.

CD

I excavated pork chops from the freezer, simmered them in beer and kraut. Other sides were mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and the sweetest sweet corn cut from the cob.
IMG_20190726_213837507.jpg

I have Kalua Pork in my Nesco roaster, and fresh pineapple sticks marinating in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade that will be grilled later. We love pineapple done that way.
I'm making a big Southwestern corn and bean salad to take over to the kids tomorrow for a pool party, so we'll have some of that with tonight's dinner too.

Really good..

Attachments

• P7260022[1].jpg
    P7260022[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom