7/28/2019 - Sunday Suppah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
That's the New England Accent.

Dinner was St. Louis ribs (with Meathead's Memphis dust) on the Slow N Sear on the Weber kettle, Bush's grillin beans enhanced with bacon, cole slaw.

Ribs were wonderful, with a good smoky bark, and I'm amazed that the Slow N Sear kept a temperature in a 3 degree range (251 - 254) for almost 4 hours before I had to touch the vents.

Our 12 year-old grandson is here for the week. I starting to get him more into cooking. He was never interested when he was younger. So as I was prepping veggies and such I had him breaking up clumps of ground beef as it browned. (I hate doing that!). As we cooked I was giving brief explanations of what's and why's. I'm hoping some of it sticks.

So we made a big batch of American Chop Suey, one of his faves.

We had a big lunch at Mellow Mushroom today. Supper was just some cold cut sandwiches on sourdough bread with tomatoes and cottage cheese on the side.

We ordered Indian food. We got dal gosht (lamb and lentil curry), chicken tika, lamb samosas, roti, as well as onion bhajis and vegetable pakoras and Grolsch Pilsner. That was a very enjoyable meal with a bunch of yummy leftovers.

That's the New England Accent.

Dinner was St. Louis ribs (with Meathead's Memphis dust) on the Slow N Sear on the Weber kettle, Bush's grillin beans enhanced with bacon, cole slaw.

Ribs were wonderful, with a good smoky bark, and I'm amazed that the Slow N Sear kept a temperature in a 3 degree range (251 - 254) for almost 4 hours before I had to touch the vents.
I'm glad to read how well the Slow N Sear is working out for you. Delicious sounding ribs.

We had garden salads and open-face tuna sandwiches on rye. My homemade pickles and pretty close to perfect. :yum:
IMG_20190728_214042285.jpg

Ohmygosh, how can your little grandson be nearly a teenager Andy!!!!????

Tonight we had marinated thighs on the grill, and the gas ran out, but we always have a spare tank. They turned out really well, along with glorified salads and Texas garlic toast.

Last edited:
Tonight we had marinated thighs on the grill, and the gas ran out, but we always have a spare tank.

Uggh, I hate that. When I had propane grills, I would have a primary tank and two spares. I always ran the tank out and then switched versus switching when the tank was low.

The best thing I ever did was to install a NG hookup and then switch my grills from LP to NG.

Last night's dinner was grilled chicken with a vinaigrette made with za'atar, red wine vinegar and olive oil; grilled flatbread with olive oil and za'atar; a grilled peach with goat cheese and a bit of basil; and a caprese salad with fresh basil from the garden. So good. 0728192036a.jpg0728192033a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom