7-30-13 Tuesday's Dinner is Full of Grace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Or, perhaps, full of flavor. ;)

I have a pork tenderloin I'll marinate in olive oil, white wine, lemon zest, minced garlic and fresh thyme. Himself will be putting it (them? won't know if it's one bigger or two smaller ones until I open the cryovac bag) on the grill while I steam fresh broccoli and do some sort of starch. Right now baked potatoes with butter and sour cream sound good.

It's Taco Tuesday!!! I will be having two chicken tacos with pico de gallo and romaine served with cilantro rice and drunken beans.

It's Taco Tuesday!!! I will be having two chicken tacos with pico de gallo and romaine served with cilantro rice and drunken beans.

hmmm, maybe I'll shred the leftover chicken I grilled the other night and join you. It would be a good place to use up the last of the corn & black bean salsa.
Any ideas for a sauce? I don't think conventional taco sauce will cut it.

I like ranch dressing with salsa as a sauce for chicken tacos or sour cream with cilantro.

Thanks Fi. You can't go wrong with ranch dressing and I already have some :) Maybe I'll sprinkle a little chili powder in it.

My sashimi tasted so good last night I think I'll have some more tonight, as an appetizer, and get some nice fat shrimp and some vegetables for mixed tempura.

I haven't cooked much Asian the last two years due to my restricted cooking facilities but now that I have a full kitchen and all my gear back I'm certainly going to cook Asian much more often.

Lemon butter-garlic shrimp over rice. Tossed salad with tomatoes, from the garden, green onions, avocados, toasted walnuts. Hot rolls, For dessert Spumoni ice cream
kades

Christmas in July. Tourtiere with assorted roasted veggies...

Made Tourtiere two nights back. It's not just for Christmas. It's when you get a craving for tourtiere.;)

For tonight, I'm thinking pizza pastie. My wallet is thinking scrambled eggs and hashbrowns.:LOL: Something about somebody accidently double paying on a bill.:ohmy:

On second thought, I have some pork-loin cutlets in the freezer. I'm sure that there must be 1 proper sized summer squash in the garden by now. Had fresh green beans last night. Soooo good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North

Last edited:
I'm "working" tonight interpreting the last of the month long bible study meetings. I don't like to eat before I "work" so I'll have a late lunch of leftovers and DH can warm up whatever he wants when he gets home. There's hamburger mac and cheese, chicken wings, garlic butter noodles, watermelon and salad fixings.

Old Chinese proverb say "man who think from wallet is sitting on brains." :cool:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Greg. I really needed a laugh!

I think we will be grilling the tuna steaks we didn't have yesterday. Sides to be named later, but I was thinking a grilled veggie salad and rice.

Hawaiian style dinner night. Kahlua pig and cabbage, lomi lomi salmon and some ahi poke.

All that talk of tacos... Now I have to decide if I use that pulled pork for a sandwich or tacos. I have whole wheat buns, bbq sauce, cole slaw and pickles for a sandwich. Decisions, decisions.

All that talk of tacos... Now I have to decide if I use that pulled pork for a sandwich or tacos. I have whole wheat buns, bbq sauce, cole slaw and pickles for a sandwich. Decisions, decisions.
Decided on the pulled pork sandwich. Oh yeah, that was really good. We'll have pulled pork tacos soon.

Thanks for that recipe GG. It's a keeper.

I've modified my sashimi and tempura shrimp & vegetables a bit. At the store the jumbo shrimp looked yucky and about $15/lb. (just not worth the price) so I got about 3/4 pound of catfish nuggets instead ($4/lb.). Catfish doesn't have the cachet of big fat shrimp but they are similar in taste, far cheaper, and require no labor other than a quick wash.

I'll nibble tuna sashimi as I prepare my mixed tempura dinner, the vegetables to be whatever I have on hand that looks fryable. Onion rings and yams for sure. I recall seeing some bell pepper too, and some green onions. Too bad I'm out of broccoli, that's really good in tempura.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom