7/4/2016 Independence Day Supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
010.JPG

011.JPG

No grilling apparatus here at our rental unit,
so baked BBQ chicken thighs, bone in, skin on, homemade sauce made with
molasses, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic and chipotle
baked beans
sweet white corn with (sssshh, don't tell DH, he CLAIMS to hate butter, but guess what?) butter and s&p

Happy 4th everyone!

Cheese burger avocado tuna melts....

img_1471906_0_7f241340d45d48fcda5d2ab16fbd5a74.jpg

Fourth of July Dinner

Seems like there are three or four threads regarding the Fourth AND food. Since you put this thread in the "Today's Menu" sub-forum, K-Girl, I'll join you and S&P here. ;) Both of your meals look yummy. Somehow, I just can't remember to take photos when we visit the kids. Too much other stuff going on at the table to think of it, I guess.

We had grilled hot dogs and kielbasa, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, corn/tomato/black bean salad with Arizona Dreaming, ground Chipotle, and Aleppo pepper seasonings, and a standard tossed salad - Goober's request. We have leftovers of everything but the salad. Guess he really wanted salad!

No dessert. Well, there was dessert, but no one wanted anything after dinner. I just had a small dish of vanilla ice cream with some pineapple sauteed in butter and brown sugar. :yum:

Good lookin' dinners, kgirl and Joey! :yum: CG, it's been so long since I've had good ol' grilled dogs and beans, and your other sides sound so good.

Yes, there are a few threads going on here for Independence Day! :LOL: Just wanted to respond to all the great sounding dinners....OMGosh...drool....:chef::yum:

37240-albums1042-picture6577.jpg

The shawarma/gyro meat came out really good. It held together perfectly on the rotisserie. Craig started a thread on it, under BBQ/grilling I think. I'll post recipe there later, it needs some tweaks in spices and cooking time, but overally we were pretty happy with it. Homemade cumin flat bread, tzatziki, and feta for sammies. Watermelon, cucumber, mint salad with a slightly different tzatziki dressing, not as much garlic and no olive oil in it.

I made both tzatzikis with mint this time, usually make them with dill. I think I like the mint better personally.

37240-albums1042-picture6577.jpg

The shawarma/gyro meat came out really good. It held together perfectly on the rotisserie. Craig started a thread on it, under BBQ/grilling I think. I'll post recipe there later, it needs some tweaks in spices and cooking time, but overally we were pretty happy with it. Homemade cumin flat bread, tzatziki, and feta for sammies. Watermelon, cucumber, mint salad with a slightly different tzatziki dressing, not as much garlic and no olive oil in it.

I made both tzatzikis with mint this time, usually make them with dill. I think I like the mint better personally.

Looks good! I make my tzatziki with both - 1 tbsp. dill and 1 tsp. mint to two cups of yogurt.

Yummers, guys!

We ended up back at our new favorite Italian Mexican restaurant. Lasagna to die for. I would have taken a pic, but we already et it all...

Back
Top Bottom