7/9/13 Saturday Kitchen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
95 in the shade. So, something short, simple, pronounceable is in order.
Sloppy Joe's & Fries. Take it or leave it. So they've already been told. :ohmy:

Tonight is Dreamfields pasta with some Sunday gravy that I had stashed in the freezer.

Also using up the last of the salad fixin's.

New food tomorrow! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Shepherd's Pie ala Cowboy-style. Probably salad. I have lots of grocery meats to divide and trim and freeze so I'm doing as little as possible for supper. Doesn't matter, we'll still eat good. ;)

Nice to see you back in the kitchen, bakechef. And you definitely need to christen that food processor. I'd like your feed back on that homemade HH dish. Every once in awhile, I get a hankering for s/thing like that. But, more importantly, I'd like to send the recipe to my dad since he relies on HH now that my mom can't cook.

It was quite tasty and definitely better than the stuff in the box, it actually tasted like real cheese!

I'm thinking different spice blends could make this an even more interesting dish. It's nice to have everything come together in one pan!

It was quite tasty and definitely better than the stuff in the box, it actually tasted like real cheese!

I'm thinking different spice blends could make this an even more interesting dish. It's nice to have everything come together in one pan!
Did your better half like it?

Did your better half like it?

Yes, very much!

Luckily when I make an improved version of something, the boxed stuff doesn't appeal to him anymore. This happened with Kraft Macaroni and cheese. He asked me to buy some and make it for him, so I did, and he admitted that he liked my homemade stove top version better.

Yes, very much!

Luckily when I make an improved version of something, the boxed stuff doesn't appeal to him anymore. This happened with Kraft Macaroni and cheese. He asked me to buy some and make it for him, so I did, and he admitted that he liked my homemade stove top version better.

OK, dish, BC! What worked?

^That site^ is addicting, isn't it bakechef? After I had posted the link I must have spent another half hour looking around.

I do not need more distractions!

^That site^ is addicting, isn't it bakechef? After I had posted the link I must have spent another half hour looking around.

I copied that recipe into my online recipe file for future reference. My husband like HH. I don't like it, but I will make it for dinner once in a while to make him happy. He will be probably like the home made and I know I will like it better.

They used to make one with potatoes that was called Potato Stroganoff but apparently discontinued it. My husband makes his own. He makes fried potatoes in one pan and browns the meat in another. Combines them and pour mushroom soup over it all and adds some green beans to it. It is too greasy for me. I want to either find a recipe for it, or change his recipe in some way to make it not so greasy.

I didn't post my dinner here yesterday because I couldn't find the thread, then I realized that it was listed as 7/9 instead of 9/7. I am not complaining...I realize that dates are written that way in England. I just forgot for a moment.

I bought a whole chicken, stuffed it, and cooked it in the NuWave Oven. My 5 year old grandson saw it and thought it was a turkey. The only chicken he gets at home is grilled chicken tenders. He never saw a whole chicken! I also had mashed potatoes and corn. I know corn is one veggie he will eat. He told me that he only like Gran's mashed potatoes (his other grandmother) because Santa Claus brings hers. I asked his mother about that and she had no idea what he's talking about, but will ask her mother. LOL

I did find an easy recipe for the Potato Stroganoff. I can brown the meat and then rinse it to get rid of some of the grease and then this recipe calls for peeled sliced potatoes, not fried, but just put raw in a casserole dish with the mix and the mushroom soup and baked, instead of making it on the stove. I could probably parboil the potatoes to soften them a bit beforehand. I think I would like this so much better than the greasy version my husband makes.

Yeah, I only discovered it here after that link and and there are lots of things that I want to make. Nothing looks too fussy and many things will work for weeknight dinners.

Yes, very much!

+1 and no yellow dye!

Back
Top Bottom