8/14/2019 - National Creamsicle Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
According to the article, South Jersey calls them creamsicles.

https://catcountry1073.com/how-south-jersey-should-celebrate-national-creamsicle-day/

Are they called something else in North Jersey (like the Taylor Pork naming controversy)? Bucky? Casey?

Dinner here will be fresh sword on the grill, baked potatoes, house salad.

In a rare move, I'm going to make a dessert tonight. I picked up a couple of peaches at the farmer's market this past weekend, and they are now sufficiently ripe to grill, along with some frozen vanilla yogurt on the side.

I'll be making chicken parm tonight. We'll have spaghetti with sauce and salads.

This will be GS's first try at chicken parm. He loves pasta, my sauce and chicken nuggets/tenders so I'm hoping it a small leap to his liking a cutlet with cheese.

Doing deconstructed chicken cordon bleu and green beans from the teeny-weeny garden for the Elders. It is after 3:00 p.m., I am done eating for the day--had hummus for lunch.

I’m ‘The North’ we call them creamciscles also. No change there. I attempted one a little while back.
Basically orange soda and my homemade vanilla ice cream mixed and frozen.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 171
:clap:After a recheck today, Souschef's Periodontist gave him the all clear for a normal diet, except no chips or anything sharp.

We're going out to dinner to celebrate and we both have our mouths set for Prime Rib with all the trimmings. A good bottle of wine will be on the table too. Wooo Hooo.....

:clap:After a recheck today, Souschef's Periodontist gave him the all clear for a normal diet, except no chips or anything sharp.

We're going out to dinner to celebrate and we both have our mouths set for Prime Rib with all the trimmings. A good bottle of wine will be on the table too. Wooo Hooo.....
Yay for the Sous Chef! What a relief for both of you [emoji813]

That's wonderful news! :wub:

Great new Kay and souschef.

I had half a sub from a local chain called "Dagwoods". Other than that, I just kept finding stuff in the fridge to nibble. Oh yeah, there little yellow plums and a peach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom