8-18 Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Starting things off with a Spinach salad as an appetizer (topped with grated smoked pepper cheese, bacon and sesame ginger dressing) with some chicken wings fried crispy with an Sesame/soy/sweet chili glaze (extra garlic of course) and some good beers.

What are you having?

Sore muscles in my back today so easy does it.

Defrosting a container of hot and sour soup. SO will go get us some egg rolls to go along with the soup.

Chicken Breasts en Papillote - don't have parchment, so will do in foil -- chicken breasts, artichokes hearts, pesto, white wine & halved cherry tomatoes. Penne on the side. Cheesecake from the bakery.

We are going out for supper with friends to a nearby Italian resto. It's walking distance, so we are having cocktails here first.

It'll either be chicken nuggets or chicken wings. Not sure of sides yet. If nuggets I'll do up some fries. If wings, maybe green beans. Out of greens for salads and don't feel like hitting the grocery store on a Sat.

Tonight is taco night. I've got salsa fresca (or, if you prefer, Pico de Gallo) (garden-fresh tomatoes, onions, sweet pepper, jalapeno, garlic, fresh cilantro, oregano, lime juice, a bit of cumin, and lime juice, naturally), fillings are ground chicken with salsa verde (I have a few jars left from last year--Labour Day is when I make it every year, so ... it contains corn, tomatillos, garlic, lime, cilantro, onion -- and I think that is it -- I'd have to pull the recipe out), for the beef I have 2 T of my homemade tomato paste, chipolte chili powder, garlic, onion powder, a pinch of ginger, hot paprika, onion, a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce). The wraps are (1) corn tortillas to go with the chicken and (2) kale tortillas (I'm sort of following this recipe: http://vegweb.com/recipes/spinach-tortillas). DH forgot to bring lettuce from the garden, so we're using baby chard as the lettuce, some grated Monterrey Jack for cheese, there's guacamole, sour cream, onion, black olives, and 3 kinds of hot peppers--cayenne, jalapeno, banana, sweet peppers (bumper year for peppers). We also having corn-on-the-cob.

Dessert? Well, I plan on having a nap for dessert, but there is homemade vanilla bean ice cream...

Last edited:
We will be grilling hamburgers tonight. Making some baked beans, and will have raw veggies and chips to go with it all. S'mores tonight over the fire.

I made pot pies with leftover beef stew. I also made 4 mini peach pies today. Had one Before dinner and will Force myself to eat another later this evening with ice cream. I bought Romaine lettuce the other day, to make a special caesar salad, cuz I have 2 anchovies in a baggie, good bread to make a few tasty croutons and makings for caesar dressing. Didn't feel like a salad after eating the pie. Well... there's always tomorrow.

We're steaming up some Maryland blue claw crabs accompanied by lots of ice cold beer:)

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm blue crab!!!!! :yum:

Had a late lunch here so dinner is a salad and a small serving of pasta.

I am having surf and turf and more surf tonight for dinner. Accompanied by some stuff that grows in the ground and also some stuff that grows in stainless steel vats.

I am having surf and turf and more surf tonight for dinner. Accompanied by some stuff that grows in the ground and also some stuff that grows in stainless steel vats.

Hmmm... Chicken wings, shrimp, potatoes and beer?

Tonight is taco night. I've got salsa fresca (or, if you prefer, Pico de Gallo) (garden-fresh tomatoes, onions, sweet pepper, jalapeno, garlic, fresh cilantro, oregano, lime juice, a bit of cumin, and lime juice, naturally), fillings are ground chicken with salsa verde (I have a few jars left from last year--Labour Day is when I make it every year, so ... it contains corn, tomatillos, garlic, lime, cilantro, onion -- and I think that is it -- I'd have to pull the recipe out), for the beef I have 2 T of my homemade tomato paste, chipolte chili powder, garlic, onion powder, a pinch of ginger, hot paprika, onion, a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce). The wraps are (1) corn tortillas to go with the chicken and (2) kale tortillas (I'm sort of following this recipe: Spinach Tortillas | VegWeb.com, The World's Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes). DH forgot to bring lettuce from the garden, so we're using baby chard as the lettuce, some grated Monterrey Jack for cheese, there's guacamole, sour cream, onion, black olives, and 3 kinds of hot peppers--cayenne, jalapeno, banana, sweet peppers (bumper year for peppers). We also having corn-on-the-cob.

Dessert? Well, I plan on having a nap for dessert, but there is homemade vanilla bean ice cream...
I was just about to make the corn tortillas (the kale-whole wheat ones were done and being held in the oven) when all heck broke loose--apparently, the sky had fallen. The hens were squawking and running for cover. We bolted outside to see what was causing the chaos. No hawks or eagles in the sky, no fox, raccoon, or skunk. After we counted (and counted again), we figured that all the hens were safe and sound. To find out what really happened, stay tuned to the Chicken Chronicles--I'll tell the rest of the story there either later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry--no pics, but I'm stuffed and we're doing a repeat with the leftovers for lunch tomorrow at the farm.

when i left hospital on friday they packed me off in a sling with painkillers & some diagrams of physio to do at home until proper physio starts on tuesday.so,i thought,painkillers?nah(don't do pain or tablets)i've got beers in....physio?nah,cooking is better exercise(sawbones is gonna shout on tuesday!!) so i jammed a chook up against me toaster to get the spit in,stuck a couple of heads of garlic & a slice of lemon up it's bum & ate the chook with the cooked garlic,roasted pepper from a jar,bread from tesco & cold beer.they look like poultry shears in the photo but i'm just waiting for the hospital to call asking for their equipment back.............:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!
harry the cripples' spit roast chook with garlic:

Attachments

• SPIT ROAST CHOOK 002.JPG
    SPIT ROAST CHOOK 002.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 145
  • SPIT ROAST CHOOK 003.JPG
    SPIT ROAST CHOOK 003.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 142
  • SPIT ROAST CHOOK 004.JPG
    SPIT ROAST CHOOK 004.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 130
  • SPIT ROAST CHOOK 005.JPG