8/23/13 - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
My last night on the firelines - have roast chicken or salmon and veg ( not sure what is coming from my order) is on the menu. 2 soups - vegetable soup and beef barley along with chili with beans. Also prepping a taco bar, lots of fruits - apples, peaches, nectarines. A local farm brought us 3 boxes of Flat Head Cherries. And, of course, all manner of hot and cold sandwiches.

I will be at work all weekend catching up for next week.

We may be having shrimp and crabcakes. DH was on the Eastern Shore of VA this week and just called. One of the guys in his office asked him to stop at this seafood place and get him some crab meat and shrimp. DH wanted to know if I wanted any. So he's bringing home 1 lb of crab and 2 lbs jumbo shrimp.

We're having "mystery crock-pot" beef, Italian green beans, steamed rice, iced tea and white chocolate chip-macadamia nut cookies.

"Arthur" is plaguing me today so I threw some beef I cut into strips in the crock-pot, sauteed some onions in olive oil, tossed those in, added some garlic (of course), a bunch of sliced mushrooms, red wine, tarragon and salt and pepper. Whatever it will become, it's certainly smelling pretty good right now.

PF, forget eating. Sounds like you need a nap for dinner!

We're having evil hot dogs on the grill. I have the ingredients lined up to make GotGarlic's Potato Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing seeing as how we really liked powerplantop's version (I'm sure it will be wonderful GG ;) ) and Himself was singing the praises of baked beans. I'll open a can of Bush's -- but won't invite the talking dog. :LOL:

We're going to check out a new restaurant that specializes in steaks and chops. I've heard good things about it.

We may be having shrimp and crabcakes. DH was on the Eastern Shore of VA this week and just called. One of the guys in his office asked him to stop at this seafood place and get him some crab meat and shrimp. DH wanted to know if I wanted any. So he's bringing home 1 lb of crab and 2 lbs jumbo shrimp.

That sounds lovely Jab, you have some delicious meals, can I come and stay at your place for awhile :)

Last night for our dinner 23/08/13 we had a lovely Chicken Jalfrezi Curry with pappadoms :yum:

Hey good-lookin' What's Cooking? Friday, August 23, 2013

I've been cooking:

Taco Meat
Macaroni & Cheese
Chop Suey

I need to eat some, and store the rest of the Chop Suey, then finish cleaning up.

What's cooking in your kitchen today?

Thinking pasta........hmmmm......
Concoction night. I found a tin of smoked clams, had half of a zucchini, some onions, garlic, shallots, few glugs of Coli Albani, and threw in some jarred pesto sauce for some flavor. Not bad, actually. Better than I expected,:LOL:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 165
Concoction night. I found a tin of smoked clams, had half of a zucchini, some onions, garlic, shallots, few glugs of Coli Albani, and threw in some jarred pesto sauce for some flavor. Not bad, actually. Better than I expected,:LOL:

That looks so tasty Rock...it is great when you just make up a dish, love inventions :)

My last night on the firelines - have roast chicken or salmon and veg ( not sure what is coming from my order) is on the menu. 2 soups - vegetable soup and beef barley along with chili with beans. Also prepping a taco bar, lots of fruits - apples, peaches, nectarines. A local farm brought us 3 boxes of Flat Head Cherries. And, of course, all manner of hot and cold sandwiches.

I will be at work all weekend catching up for next week.
Went out for lunch today. Broccoli and stilton soup followed by braised liver (I love it if it's carefully cooked) with rich oniony gravy , creamy mashed potatoes, French beans, broccoli and carrots. A glass of white wine and a cup of black coffee.

Haven't had dinner tonight as I was full so I had a couple of ripe peaches for supper.

The peaches were the last of a tray of them I bought at the greengrocers - £1.99 (about $3 ?) for a tray of 5 dozen. Some frozen for pies, crumbles and sponge puddings in the winter. Others laid down in vodka to make peach liqueur for Christmas and the rest eaten when I felt like it.

Last edited:
Went out for lunch today. Broccoli and stilton soup followed by braised liver (I love it if it's carefully cooked) with rich oniony gravy , creamy mashed potatoes, French beans, broccoli and carrots. A glass of white wine and a cup of black coffee.

Haven't had dinner tonight as I was full so I had a couple of ripe peaches for supper.

Thanks for reminding me. I saw the weirdest peaches at the fruit stand today. I've got to Google those things.

Back
Top Bottom