8/9/13: What's it (Dinner) all about, Alfie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm dealing with kidney stones again and have not been eating much. TB is bringing me a vanilla milkshake (totally home made) and sweet potato fries on his break. I am hoping to be able to eat a tuna sandwich with it, but I am not really hungry.

DH just suggested going to one of our favorite restaurants - Tortilla West. Margarita on the rocks with salt and, hmmm, maybe fish tacos. Sounds good to me!
12_13_2.gif

Last edited:
I'm cooking for the in laws. Pork roast is in the oven. SIL is bringing pasta salad and I'll steam some broccoli with cheese sauce.

I'm cooking for the in laws. Pork roast is in the oven. SIL is bringing pasta salad and I'll steam some broccoli with cheese sauce.
Sounds good, jabbur (and it sounds as if you might have some pork roast leftover for sandwiches). Hope all is going well.

I just got home after a bunch or running around to the busiest area in the city and then stopping at the grocery store, where I was going to pick up a little seafood to go the ribeye I had at home. And that's where I saw this :yum: I've never been a fan of strip steak, but then I've never seen a strip steak with this kind of marbling.
Looks like a late dinner tonight.

Attachments

• prime strip.jpg
    prime strip.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
They say you can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish. Bad puns aside, we had Grilled Tuna Steaks with Summer Squash Salad. The salad is kind of neat because it's sliced in ribbons and looks a little like pasta.

img_1289898_0_739636806499ccaada1a5378069b8a5a.jpg

Bisquick's Incredible Taco Pie and this 1859 Oregon Magazine Blueberry Lemon Tart (the recipe is the last of the 3) using berries picked this morning. The taco pie is really just an excuse to have dessert :yum:

I'm dealing with kidney stones again and have not been eating much. TB is bringing me a vanilla milkshake (totally home made) and sweet potato fries on his break. I am hoping to be able to eat a tuna sandwich with it, but I am not really hungry.

Sorry Laurie :( ...

That's a good looking slice o' cow. Should be a memorable dinner. Probably be able to hear you smacking your lips all the way up here...

I was tempted to get the ribeye, but they didn't look as good as the ones you posted the other night. I can't believe this grocery store is handling prime cuts now. They even had skirt steak in the counter... unheard of around here.

We sell about two complete rib eyes a day where I work. Every once and a while a really good looking one comes through. That is usually steak night.:LOL:. Ya gotta grab 'em when they come...

We sell about two complete rib eyes a day where I work. Every once and a while a really good looking one comes through. That is usually steak night.:LOL:. Ya gotta grab 'em when they come...

OK. As long as you aren't putting your thumb on the metric scale ;)

Dinner. Some cooked inside, some cooked outside.
And I tried to pay attention to my "turn" like Steve and his beautiful tuna :LOL:

Attachments

• surf & turf dinner.jpg
    surf & turf dinner.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 205
OK. As long as you aren't putting your thumb on the metric scale ;)

Dinner. Some cooked inside, some cooked outside.
And I tried to pay attention to my "turn" like Steve and his beautiful tuna :LOL:

Pac, between yours and Steve's meals, I can't quit staring at them. Yours is for one person, right? Absolutely fabulous.

Thanks, Dawg. And yes, just for one person, but I grilled another skewer of shrimp and stuffed mushroom for leftovers. I always cook a little extra. Like you and your turkey, lol.

:LOL: I think we have one more day left! I don't think I can stand anymore...

My eyes are popping over that meal Pac!

We had St. Louis pork steaks from the grill tonight. I'd never heard of them before your post about them a while pack, Pac. I've made them several times since then and I never dreamed sliced boneless pork shoulder could be something to rave about out here so far from St. Louis. Dang.....what a meal with a grill basket full of marinated veggies.

Here's his post about them for anyone interested. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f38/st-louis-barbecued-pork-steak-85061.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom