9/05 Friday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
With my focus on emptying the old fridge and loading the new one, I didn't defrost dinner.

As a result, it's kielbasa as part of a breakfast for me and with a veggie for SO.

I am going for a Korean type pork ribs on rice with bok choy. I have some ribs in the oven slow cooking in some Kalbi sauce. Then, I am going to put them on a rack in the oven, thicken the sauce to brush on the ribs, and finish them off that way for more of dryer pork.

I caved--stopped at KFC. My roommate/tenant is on her 6th back shift in a row (actually, she's my chicken sitter--been able to go to the farm this summer and know the Girls [and boys] have had an attentive sitter), only has tomorrow night off and is back on for 5 more nights. I know she likes KFC and hasn't been eating, so I picked up a bucket and a large side of mashed potatoes and gravy (again, because I know she likes that). I had one piece--got my grease fix. She, on the other hand, ate 6 pieces!

Last edited:
I did one of my store cupboard menus, i.e. chorizo pasta sauce dish (with onions, carrot, green beans, tinned tomatoes) to go with pasta twists. Slowly simmering the chopped (lightly sauteed) chorizo for a while helps make it succulent rather than tough I find. Always very tasty.

Tuna salad. And we still have boatloads of other leftovers to finish.

Last edited:
She, on the other hand, ate 6 pieces!

are you really sure the girls are safe? :ermm:

;)

i woke up too late for dw's dinner (broiled salmon, rice pilaf, garden cukes, and fresh guac with chios), so i'm hoping a nearby greek owned diner has their friday special lamb shanks over orzo.

Finished up the grilled foods from the last few days. I made nice mixed salads for each of us, mine bigger since I put the last 1/2 chicken breast in with it to make it a dinner salad. Himself polished off the last tiny bit of potato salad with a couple of hot dogs. Thinking about a little something else, but until I figure out what I actually want I'll just putter on the 'puter.

Tonight once again, I trimmed and pounded out a salt and peppered a little pork tenderloin and smeared it "heavy handed" on both sides with Dijon mustard and a heavy crust of Herbs de Provence without lavender on both sides. Then I broiled it without turning on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes. I guess I should post this under pork, it's too good to get lost.
We also had oven roasted asparagus and baked potato.

We stopped at the u-pick today and picked bicolor corn for the freezer and jalapeno corn relish. Tonight is a mess of corn, baked salmon fillet and a caprese salad with my pitiful handful of cherry tomatoes.

I had some "vegetable sausage" rolls from my organic food delivery service. They were actually very delicious, though at $9.00 for four (reg. $10), they will be an occasional treat. Unless, of course I can come up with my own version. The filling was a mixture of various vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, peas, etc.) bound together with sweet potato. The crust was a typical sausage roll crust and was very fresh.

Karen made a meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a sauteed zucchini mix. I had tweaked my back and took a muscle relaxer which knocked me out for a few hours. Didn't even notice when she returned from running a few errands.

Back
Top Bottom