9-1-16, Thurs, What's for dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Minestrone with cheese tortellini as the pasta.

Craig went by the Oriental market and picked up some pork skin, bones and pig feet, which are simmering away with some ginger, green onions, and Chinese rice wine, which hopefully will gel into pork soup for Chinese soup dumplings. I've been wanting to make these since Bon Apetit did an article on them a while back.

We have tickets for the LA Phil tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. We're having dinner during the concert. We usually pack our picnic basket with simple finger sandwiches, cheese, crackers, and a couple of bottles of wine.

Tuna salad and what may be the last of the green beans.

We have tickets for the LA Phil tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. We're having dinner during the concert. We usually pack our picnic basket with simple finger sandwiches, cheese, crackers, and a couple of bottles of wine.

That sounds just wonderful RF, there's just nothing like that kind of evening at the Hollywood Bowl !!

We did Costco today so it's rotisserie chicken tonight.

Left over spaghetti. The freezer is still frozen over. I've been back to work the past 3 days so haven't had the chance to thaw it out so we've done mostly leftovers and take out this week.

I spatchcocked and roasted a Cornish hen. Mixed veg on the side - black beans, edamame, carrots.

I'm running a fever with body aches, so I'm having Peppermint tea to calm my upset tummy and DH is getting Tyson Lightly Breaded Chicken Strips with sliced tomatoes from the farm stand we went to this past weekend and possibly some Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese, gee, now I'm making myself hungry, kinda. :yum:

kgirl, sure hope you feel better soon. Nothing like talking about food to kinda get your mojo back though, huh? ;) Take care.

Roadfix...omgosh, have a wonderful time. Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl are spectacular! I haven't been there in quite a while - my daughter goes all the time. :)

This evening's dinner was oven roasted garlic lemon chicky wings, and a salad. Simple, but really hit the spot. Full tummy, the kitchen is cleaned, and I'm ready to kick back and relax.

I cannot believe that this year is 3/4 over! :wacko:

Roadfix, we used to go to Blossom Music Center for concerts on the lawn back in OH. I even have a few cookbooks from the Cleveland Orchestra "Junior Committee" - "Bach's Lunch" and "Bach for More". :LOL:

K-Girl, I hope you get over whatever it is quickly.

I made huge salads full of veggies for us, then we grazed on leftover proteins. I finished a half-breast with Fontina and mushrooms, Himself cleaned up the last grilled pork chop.

Minestrone with cheese tortellini as the pasta.

Craig went by the Oriental market and picked up some pork skin, bones and pig feet, which are simmering away with some ginger, green onions, and Chinese rice wine, which hopefully will gel into pork soup for Chinese soup dumplings. I've been wanting to make these since Bon Apetit did an article on them a while back.

Never put ginger and rice wine in it but pig stock is a favorite of mine that makes everything taste good. There's more collagen in pig feet than anything else I know of.

Not to be pedantic, but the year is only two thirds over.

Is that like saying I am only 60 plus 17 years old? Or like being a woman who stands 6 feet and giving her height as 72 inches? No, that is not me. I am only 54" tall. A far cry from 72" tall. :angel:

img_1478516_0_2aa69400fcd9d9caacd5fdfbfa30efc7.jpg

So start of my set month menu, this is Chicken Milanese with zucchini ragu.

That sounds just wonderful RF, there's just nothing like that kind of evening at the Hollywood Bowl !!
omgosh, have a wonderful time. Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl are spectacular! I haven't been there in quite a while - my daughter goes all the time. :)
we used to go to Blossom Music Center for concerts on the lawn back in OH. I even have a few cookbooks from the Cleveland Orchestra "Junior Committee" - "Bach's Lunch" and "Bach for More". :LOL:

Thanks, here are some pics from last night. We were a party of five. Last night's theme was Shakespeare.
We do this about 3 times on average every summer.

img_1478537_0_c7e4492518024b5c3f8e40757e7b89c8.jpeg

img_1478537_1_7d56d51910b380d09c3bb3544b4589e6.jpeg

img_1478537_2_433265645ecb9b9d6c74a85d3b0318e1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom