9/24/13 Tuesday's Vittles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm thinking about dinner already. I just moved a package of shredded chicken from the freezer to the fridge. Tonight's dinner will be chicken 'n biscuits, but the biscuits will most likely be some leftover sourdough bread.

The Fish Tacos we didn't eat last night, I forgot about the full night of TV watching on a Monday night.

I'm busy contemplating dinner too. I've got all kinds of garden yummies to use, but I'm craving meatballs in gravy with broad noodles. Maybe I'll do some garden veggies on the side.

Bought a half-ham over the weekend and I'll bake it tonight (I want that bone for another pot of Hoppin' John) along with roasting Brussels sprouts and sauteing zucchini. Instead of potatoes we're having those Grands corn biscuits :yum: and I'm considering making a small pot of cheesy cauliflower soup with the half-head of cauliflower getting in the way in the 'fridge.

The ham is big enough that you'll probably be seeing it make an appearance in a cheesy scalloped potato dish later...

I have a tomato sauce simmering on the stove and just grilled some Italian sausages to add into the sauce. We'll have this over some spaghetti or penne.

Didn't feel like cooking. Took the yungun to Cook Out for the first time. Had burgers and fries. He had Cheerwine with his, I had a Cheerwine float.

... He had Cheerwine with his, I had a Cheerwine float.
Last year when we were down south Himself picked up a 12-pack of Cheerwine since he had never seen it before. The first can or two was too different from other pops he's had; by the end of the carton he was wishing he had picked up a couple more cartons! Looks like we'll bring some souvenir cartons on our way back from FL this year! Let's see, Cheerwine from the south, Vernor's from OH....

I made stuffed shells with marinara sauce and a salad. Sounds so simple when you say it, but stuffed shells require three components and then baking. Yummy stuff, though.

butterflied a chicken, in the oven, then on the grill with BBQ sauce. touched the stupid pan when I took it out of the oven - a couple of nice roasted fingers too.

Potato leek soup with open faced carmelized onion and gruyere sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom