9-30-2013 ~ Monday Mealtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone figure out what they're making/having? I'm undecided between 1) yesterday's planned leftovers of burgers and 'dogs and adding to the leftover potato salad or 2) making a light sauce of sauteed mushrooms, garlic, parsley and a bit of lemon zest and using it for one of the Primo Pasta ravioli packages I bought to try. Himself wants tradition red sauce for the second package - I have jars on hand. ;) The first one is less work, the second sounds more interesting to my taste buds. Whatever, the one not made will probably be for tomorrow night.

Avocado and tomato salad with lime cumin vinaigrette, lime cumin chicken and french bread.

Couple bites of a tuna sub DH brought home for lunch, a handful of almonds, and some grapes.

I made a near perfect tasting marinara sauce today. For once I didn't overwhelm it with herbs and I started with plain tomatoes rather than spike up a jar of my usual sauce. Maybe that's the difference. It's going in baked rigatoni with cooked sliced Italian sausage under a blanket of cheeses. Some garlic bread and ice cream.

Sometimes it's nice to have a real "tomatoey" tasting sauce instead of a (an overly) spiced up one.

I didn't really eat lunch today and my plans to make Swedish meatballs gave way to me eating a plate of Cincinnati chili around 5:00.

I made Spaghetti Bolognese earlier, and the remainder of the Bolognese is going into a mashed potato topped "savoury mince pie" tomorrow, with the addition of a few veggies.

I made Lyon-style chicken thighs, simmered in red wine vinegar, rosemary and bay leaf. Served it over gnocchi with braised green beans and toasted, buttered French bread on the side.

Anyone figure out what they're making/having? I'm undecided between 1)... or 2) making a light sauce of sauteed mushrooms, garlic, parsley and a bit of lemon zest and using it for one of the Primo Pasta ravioli packages I bought to try. Himself wants tradition red sauce for the second package...
Taste bud success! When I described the mushroom sauce to Himself again AND showed him the raviolis (one stuffed with mushrooms and cheese, the other with chicken and prosciutto) he decided to go with the mushroom sauce. He Liked It! He really liked it! Baby steps...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom