9 Months 'Til Christmas! March 25th Meals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fresh Tortillas? Is that the Fire Roasted Salsa? I recognize the Mexican Rice. I think my vacation menu is set, I'm eating what you have posted.

Fresh Tortillas? Yes

Is that the Fire Roasted Salsa? Yes its a mix of the two you watched me make.

And yes that is rice left from yesterday.

We had chicken cordon bleu, stuffing with gravy and mixed veggies. I didn't have to put any of it back in the fridge. It all got eaten tonight.

It was supposed to be risotto and schnitzel. But I got thrown for a loop (Mom is sick and part of my mind is there and planning on being there) and it wound up being just pork cutlets and spinach rice pilaf. It was still good, just not my intention.

the last little bit of the pork ribs. made a huge salad, romaine, artichoke hearts and a farmers blend of veg. included carrots, green beans, cauliflower, cranberries . guess that was it. it was a new steamer package. i steamed it, then spread on plate to cool. it was really good and very filling.

I had a late lunch of Cheeseburger: (93% lean meat, fat free cheese, mustard, ketchup, black pepper and lots of sliced onions on a toasted English muffin.)
Potato Salad:(Boiled russet potatoes, chopped onions, chopped celery, celery seeds, sweet relish, mustard and miracle whip, dusted with paprika.)
I am starting to get hungry again. Time to have a scavenger hunt in the kitchen.

I have a big chicken roasting in a skillet in this dang electric oven. This vacation condo could sure improve onthe kitchen. Oh how I hate electric stoves!
We hve baked potatoes and roaasted aspargus too.
Thank goodness I packed my favorite knife in the luggage!

dw made panko breaded chicken cutlets, nuked spuds, and reheated a can of lesieur baby peas.

i tried to make the cutlets interesting, but no luck. i was out of mae poly sauce, and everything else i tried sucked.

i first tried a chipotle hot sauce. ok, but not what i wanted. then i tried a triple ginger teryaki sauce,. yuk! too salty. i gave up after i tried a few mustards.

i need to go shopping for sweet chili sauce.

there are trader joes around, but i've yet to go. i usually buy mae ploy brand or maggi brand because they're readily available in supermarkets here. but i'll have to remember it if and when i get to trader joes. thanks.

btw, how was your dinner last night? did the lemongrass skewers work out?

I have a big chicken roasting in a skillet in this dang electric oven. This vacation condo could sure improve onthe kitchen. Oh how I hate electric stoves!
We hve baked potatoes and roaasted aspargus too.
Thank goodness I packed my favorite knife in the luggage!

Tell me about it! I miss my gas stove from my last apartment in NY. I think they cook much more evenly and a lot easier to clean. Your dinner sounded great, though. I hope everything turned out okay.

Having survived my own personal "cupcake wars" ;), I happily turned back into "Susie Homemaker"! I made gluten free beef enchiladas, with my own filling and sauce. Turned out quite well! I had a green salad and DH had cucumber.

Tell me about it! I miss my gas stove from my last apartment in NY. I think they cook much more evenly and a lot easier to clean. Your dinner sounded great, though. I hope everything turned out okay.
I have only once had a gas stove in my house, but have always had gas for work Miss it terribly. Cakes, everything are better with gas!

Back
Top Bottom