9th February, Saturday Night's Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay, K! Sounds yummy.

I'm making quesadillas with pork chile verde and cheese seasoned with cumin and chili powder. On the side will be Mexican rice mixed with refried beans, hot sauce and lime juice.

Boneless pork chops, marinated in Zesty Italian dressing, mashed potatoes (a rare treat these days), and broccoli. :yum::yum:

As today is my B Day, I started out with some cocktails and appitizers!
From top to bottom is a sake bomb, clams on the 1/2 w/ hot sauce and lime over crushed ice and crab claws, 2 shots of sake with a shrimp, ginger and flying fish roe, then a shrimp cocktail! Now I'm having a beer, waiting for dinner.
39817-albums933-picture5357.jpg

From top to bottom is a sake bomb, clams on the 1/2 w/ hot sauce and lime over crushed ice and crab claws, 2 shots of sake with a shrimp, ginger and flying fish roe, then a shrimp cocktail! Now I'm having a beer, waiting for dinner.

Fantastic! I'm buying a ticket and heading to S&P's birthday dinner.....

We pigged out on Costco samples earlier, so smoked salmon and neon green olives for now.

I'm going to grill some lamb chops. I'll oven roast some potato's with rosemary and garlic and I have some homemade beans in the pressure cooker. A nice salad on the side will do us nicely.

Digging through the freezer last night I stumbled across a single lobster tail and half a bag of IQF crawfish. So I made seafood mac & cheese, sprinkled with panko and run under the broiler. Deeee-licious! :yum:

39817-albums933-picture5357.jpg

Looks lovely Joey, perfect feast for your birthday :)

This really was soooooo good!

image-3878507308.jpg

image-2212413883.jpg

I think that marinating the beef in red wine and raspberry basalmic vinegar made all the difference. :)

S & P's birthday dinner takes the cake. :chef: I must say Everyone's dinner looks and sounds terrific today. :yum:

I made slow roasted oven baked bbq spareribs and home-made bbq sauce. Baked potato and sweet/ sour cole slaw and Cornmeal muffins. I am about to burst too.

I bought a London broil yesterday, too. How are you going to prepare it?

when i'm making it for my family, i just season it simply with s&p and broil it under the oven in the closest slot to the flame, roughly 8 minutes per side. we usually have it with mashed spuds and either steamed broccoli, sauteed garlic and stringbeans, or butter sauteed mushrooms. the "blood" or intracellular fluid gets drizzled over the mashed potatoes.

when i get to an asian market, i'll pick up some baby bok choy and steam them with shiitake caps in a little chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and butter, finishing the liquid into a sauce with a cornstarch slurry and serve it over the sliced london broil.

for camping trips, i like to make a rub of s&p, dried thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, paprika, a splash of maggi, and some fresh garlic. sometimes the rub becomes whatever i happen to pull out of the spice rack. it marinates while we hike, then it's cooked on a small pack grill over some raked out coals of the campfire. pre-nuked, then wrapped-in-foil potatoes are shoved into the coals to reheat as the meat cooks.

all of this said, we went shopping to get my boy a new shirt, slacks, shoes, and a tie for his upcoming school concert (he's playing the tamborine and singing), so we ended up eating at crapplebees since a lot of places were closed or were closing early due to the snow storm.

Last edited:
when i'm making it for my family, i just season it simply with s&p and broil it under the oven in the closest slot to the flame, roughly 8 minutes per side. we usually have it with mashed spuds and either steamed broccoli, sauteed garlic and stringbeans, or butter sauteed mushrooms. the "blood" or intracellular fluid gets drizzled over the mashed potatoes.

when i get to an asian market, i'll pick up some baby bok choy and steam them with shiitake caps in a little chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and butter, finishing the liquid into a sauce with a cornstarch slurry and serve it over the sliced london broil.

for camping trips, i like to make a rub of s&p, dried thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, paprika, a splash of maggi, and some fresh garlic. sometimes the rub becomes whatever i happen to pull out of the spice rack. it marinates while we hike, then it's cooked on a small pack grill over some raked out coals of the campfire. pre-nuked, then wrapped-in-foil potatoes are shoved into the coals to reheat as the meat cooks.

all of this said, we went shopping to get my boy a new shirt, slacks, shoes, and a tie for his upcoming school concert (he's playing the tamborine and singing), so we ended up eating at crapplebees since a lot of places were closed or were closing early due to the snow storm.
"crapplebees" :LOL::LOL::LOL: ROTFLMBO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom