9th February, Saturday Night's Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We have just had little lamb loin chops with a homemade moroccan seasoning, homemade oven chips and fried eggs, very tasty :yum:

we're having a giant london broil that i pickep up at the market yesterday, with mashed potatoes and some kind of steamed veggie.

Think i will smoke a whole chicken.. mashed taters and a veggie to go with it..

Chicken escalopes in panko breadcrumbs for the boys, gluten free breadcrumbs for me, with steamed veg. Might make a lemon meringue pie .

I thik I'll pick up some of the local sausage at the store and have that with something. Maybe home fries.

Making pierogies is an all day event?
Or reading that thread? lol

I made pierogies last year and it didn't seem to be hard or take that long. And I hate working with dough. I should make some again and put them in the freezer.

Making pierogies is an all day event?
Or reading that thread? lol

I made pierogies last year and it didn't seem to be hard or take that long. And I hate working with dough. I should make some again and put them in the freezer.
It depends on how many you make, Pac! Definitely when I make 10 lb of potatoes, it is an all-day event (more fun if others participate). Right now, I have 10 dozen portions of filling. The filling is setting, so yeah, this will be an all-day thread in that it will take a couple of more posts to get to the end of the thread (finished product). Right now, the DW is doing it's part and I'm supposed to be napping!

Last edited:
It depends on how many you make, Pac! Definitely when I make 10 lb of potatoes, it is an all-day event (more fun if others participate). Right now, I have 10 dozen portions of filling. The filling is setting, so yeah, this will be an all-day thread in that it will take a couple of more posts to get to the end of the thread (finished product). Right now, the DW is doing it's part and I'm supposed to be napping!

Ahhh, right then. I thought you were only making them for dinner. I didn't know you were opening a pierogie shop ;)

I picked up a ham on sale at the store so I may bake that with hashbrown casserole and a salad.

Do you get Smithfield hickory-smoked ham? I bought a 10-pound spiral-sliced one around the new year and still have some frozen. Since it's sliced, it's really easy to make into sandwiches or casseroles. So yummy.

Do you get Smithfield hickory-smoked ham? I bought a 10-pound spiral-sliced one around the new year and still have some frozen. Since it's sliced, it's really easy to make into sandwiches or casseroles. So yummy.

It's not a Smithfield ham. They weren't on sale! It's not a famous brand name either but it looks good and I'm sure we will enjoy it. I try to avoid spiral sliced since they are very thin slices and we like them thicker.

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts cooking is TBD later

Fresh beets from today's farmer market trip; a watermelon radish that's all red inside; tripletail bought yesterday at the fish place, blackened - recipe from the fishmonger. Her dry-packed scallops were a bit too pricey - about $19/lb. Fresh strawberries.

I wish I could tell our late friend Timothy how much I'm enjoying the local fish - he encouraged me to go for it.

I had to run to the store for something so my dinner will be tweaked a little bit. I'm going to make some bacon wrapped asparagus and some stuffed shrooms. Maybe a grilled onion, too.

Back
Top Bottom