A 3 pound Dry-Aged Wagyu Rib Roast for 138.98 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
norgeskog said:
kleenex said:
Any Appetizers besides caviar to go with this one in a life time meal????

How about shrimp cocktails with the champagne, and stolich frozen in ice with the caviar, and crustini.

mmmm, i like your style norgeskog. maybe a few malpeque and blue points...

Thanks, buckytom, anything you want big guy.

How about the 2 lb. white truffle that was bought for $54,000 by a "consortium" that included Gwyneth Paltrow but went bad while sitting in the fridge! Again, I do not understand what makes a truffle special. If every nibble you took tasted like a different gourmet meal, it still wouldn't be worth that much to me! :?

DampCharcoal said:
How about the 2 lb. white truffle that was bought for $54,000 by a "consortium" that included Gwyneth Paltrow but went bad while sitting in the fridge! Again, I do not understand what makes a truffle special. If every nibble you took tasted like a different gourmet meal, it still wouldn't be worth that much to me! :?

and just think, pigs (and sometimes dogs) dig them up with their noses from under the earth.

DampCharcoal said:
And we all know where pigs and dogs frequently stick their noses! :LOL:

Perhaps that is why their noses are so sensitive to smell the truffles under the wet earth. Rather makes you wonder about who figured these things should be so expensive, eh DC.

So we have champagne, pricey vodka, beluga caviar, shrimp coctail, the most expensive meat we could find, oven roast potato's, carmelised onions....

Lets go back to those really stiff and "snappy" green beans...wash, take the tips off, French slice them, and place in the steamer basket with some almond slices...and steam over water (briefly) that has had some almond oils added to it....and get them out of there while they still are a bit "crispy"...

Lifter

Lifter said:
So we have champagne, pricey vodka, beluga caviar, shrimp coctail, the most expensive meat we could find, oven roast potato's, carmelised onions....

Lets go back to those really stiff and "snappy" green beans...wash, take the tips off, French slice them, and place in the steamer basket with some almond slices...and steam over water (briefly) that has had some almond oils added to it....and get them out of there while they still are a bit "crispy"...

Lifter

I am all for that Lifter, just don't bring that awful green bean casserole. I love green beans just the way you suggested.

A few things missing here...

We have to agree upon a good red wine, so I'll go out front and suggest my beloved "Wolf Blass Yellow Label" from Australia as an accompaniment to this "wonderful" beef...

We've got onion, potato, and green beans, together with gravy and Yorkshire puddings, but we should be looking for a good "salad" as DS suggests...

My older sister's MIL had a fantastic one, based on "parboiled carrots", sliced thinly and "round", with small rings of "sweet onion", vinegar, sugar, fresh dill leaves...damnitall, she gave me the recipe and I can't find it! It this giving anyone else any "cues"? Or must I try and drum this up from the unanswered emails and countless phone calls to see if I can find it n any family archives?

Could we "go North American" and have either Bumbleberry Pie or, sigh, "Dutch Apple Pie" (ie somebody else make the crust, use peeled/cored Mutsu apples, a quartercup of currants, a half cup of dark raisins. a bunch of cinnamon...well you get the idea!)

A good "port" wine to conclude with, with, say, Wensleydale Cheese (sort of "Castor and Pollux" pairing, there!), or I could go out where I take Dougie riding and buy some seven year old Cheddar...(but would still take the Wensleydale, especially the variant with cranberries!)

Lifter

kleenex said:
luvs_food said:
i'd try it. you should see the marbling on the meat. it's fantastic!

Everyone who has posted on this thread would love to try out this meat, it the price that is causing people to not buy.

Roasted potato pieces with lots of spices on them would do norgeskog. Can't just have only meat.

It was 3 pounds for 138.98, not one pound.

i would ask for it for a Holiday gift. in retrospect, it's not THAT expensive.

luvs_food said:
kleenex said:
luvs_food said:
i'd try it. you should see the marbling on the meat. it's fantastic!

Everyone who has posted on this thread would love to try out this meat, it the price that is causing people to not buy.

Roasted potato pieces with lots of spices on them would do norgeskog. Can't just have only meat.

It was 3 pounds for 138.98, not one pound.

i would ask for it for a Holiday gift. in retrospect, it's not THAT expensive.

Yeah it is not that bad, the shipping is not that bad as well, except on small orders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom