"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
Senior Cook

A greeting from far away

hi everyone. i am riverli .i am from china mainland .
why our live area is limited .i want to make all of our life more rich and colorful.let's introduce our homeland and the country culture to the people live in different place.
i will show you the true china food and culture.it is wondful ,it is not the same like someone think,oh ,include me.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:49 AM   #2
Senior Cook

Thumbs up

cooked by one of my friend

Old 06-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Senior Cook

in fact ,chinese food culture is very complex.I want to show the true and the first hand information to foreign friends.it is a hard work,but i will try.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
Senior Cook

this is a famous dish in china recently years.it taste is very good ,cooked by fish and chinese pickles.i can't tell it's eglish name.i think maybe cam say it pickle and fish

Old 06-05-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
Senior Cook

today are these ,if you like ,i will go on.lol
Old 06-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ciao from Rome and welcome, riverli!! I always heard that the real Chinese food consumed in China is very different from what we find in Chinese restaurants abroad. Many items are overly laden with msg and fat, and I wondered often that there must be much more to an authentic chinese cuisine. And your pictures say much for that!! We would love to see some actual recipes as well as the beautiful image, so we can do the Chinese right!! Can you help us??
I also wonder, being such an enormous country with so many habitants, I bet there must be lots of diversities depending on the region. I would like to know some of the characteristics in different regions, oh, excuse me if I am too curious!! I have been in Rome for 3 years and learned a lot about the big differece that lie between the real Italian cooking and what is considered as Italian foods abroad... I have a feeling that the Chinese cuisine is the same way... I hope you can teach us a lot about your culture!!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
Master Chef

Welcome to DC!! Many of us love Chinese food. Of course, most of the food over here is Americanized as you say. I think we would all like to see some of your favorite recipes.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Senior Cook

hi urmanic13 wellcome.yes ,china is too big.the cooking ways and materials are not the same in different region.even in china,even a chef can't eat all the famous dishes.
this is a amazing road to browse one country's excellent culture. because china is very poor before.chinese have no more money to show
more to friend .
now china's ecnomic make big progress and some chances come.

i like western culture,just like democracy,freedom,and hi-tech,lol.i ofen read the story and Rome.
the chinese culture is not the same like western one.
i can't explain them in few words.
I will show you more about us ,you can find the different by yourself
let's all have an good time when we meet each other every time.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
Senior Cook

dear texasgirl,i want to give out some recipes for long. but i find it have some difficult.
i am prepare for the suitable recipes.lol.it maybe need some days.many material i don't know if you can get or not.and i must know the format of yours.
i am collecting things for several months.
let us wait.lol
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Welcome to our part of the world. Thanks for posting the photos. Can we have some recipes too. It all looks so good! Thank YOu!!