A Lion in the Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
I only watched the tapes my mom sent me when we were living abroad so I didn't see all of the episodes, but wasn't this guy on the Food Network Star? Nathan Lion, I think is his name. He has a cooking show on Discovery Health.

I'm watching this Food Network Star this season and wondering where these contestants come from (I mean, they *can't* cook!!) then I see this Nathan Lion guy and I'm wondering... did Food Network miss the boat or something? Nathan Lion is *awesome*!!! And they didn't select him for a show? I like the gay couple, but that Guy Fieri fellow is a joke. Boy did Food Network screw up when they let this Nathan Lion guy slip from their grasp!

The fact is, when put on the spot, none of us know if we could do ANY better. I still take the stance that Discuss Cooking will not be a platform to bash Food TV, the people who have shows, etc.

Huh?

You're kidding me, right? Go look at the Next Food Network Star thread... it's all about bashing the network. I'll admit, I didn't see the whole series the last two years because I only got to see what mom taped for me, but, come on... the Food Network seriously screwed up when they let Nathan Lion go from that competition. He really is a food tv star and they passed him by. Am I somehow not supposed to express this opinion among other cooks? I'm not going to censor myself and I'm going to give credit where it is due... Nathan Lion has a great cooking show and Food Network, for whatever reason, seriously missed out.

I saw Nathan Lion on last season's FNS. To be honest, he didn't impress me that much. I'm happy he was able to get his own show, but he performed worse than Guy or Reggie. I was hoping they would choose Reggie last season, but I really like Guy's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom