Advice for Pork Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
I am making pork tenderloin with Blood Orange sauce, and I plan to use as an accompaniment: Green Herb Risotto (Pureed spinach/basil/parsley/garlic incorporated into traditional parm risotto).

Does that sound like it will work with the Blood orange sauce? The sauce will feature sweet onions, white wine, garlic, rosemary, blood orange rind/juice.

Should I make a veg too?

I am making pork tenderloin with Blood Orange sauce, and I plan to use as an accompaniment: Green Herb Risotto (Pureed spinach/basil/parsley/garlic incorporated into traditional parm risotto).

Does that sound like it will work with the Blood orange sauce? The sauce will feature sweet onions, white wine, garlic, rosemary, blood orange rind/juice.

Should I make a veg too?
Jill,
both of the recipes look great..But, if it were me I think I'd make a parm risotto and if I wanted a little color to it I'd add some chopped flat leaf parsley and maybe some sauteed mushrooms but just the parsley would be great. I'd let the pork and it's wonderful blood orange sauce stand on it's own and shine...If you want a simple green salad with a simple vinegrette would be wonderful.
kadesma:)

I agree with kadesma, Jill. About the salad, too.

But I've copied and pasted the risotto recipe to serve with my garden herbs and some grilled shrimp this summer!

YUMMM! Thanks for posting it!

Bon Appetito!

Lee

Thanks for the replies. I didn't catch your suggestions in time to alter my menu, though.

The risotto turned out so good, it was the best risotto I ever had. I will make it a hundred times again. Can't wait for summer, either, to use my own garden herbs.

The pork was disappointing, though. I knew I wanted to make a sauce for pork tenderloin when I bought the blood oranges, and I found the recipe on epicurious and thought, "perfect!" The reviews were all good, too. It smelled so great basting I couldn't wait to eat it, but the result was just okay. I mean, it didn't taste bad, but it didn't have the "wow" factor you would expect. I also had a hard time coooking down the pan juices. I wanted a nice light consistency.. not syrupy, but not so thin that it would run around the plate and "contaminate" the risotto. Just thick enough to stand on its own, you know? Well, no such luck. I gave up on it after 12 minutes, worried the other menu components would suffer if I reduced any longer.

Oh well, hopefully you like the recipe better than I did. DH enjoyed it. He commented the whole time he was eating on how good it was. DO make the risotto though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom