AFC Championship Dinner - 1/21/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our pork chop dinner which was canceled yesterday in favour of soup is back on for today. It will have a mushroom & onion gravy, mashed potatoes (for TB) and steamed veggies.

Dessert is fresh fruit salad - yes, in the middle of winter. I needed a reminder of summer!

Sunday sauce with meat balls, brachiole, and sausage...

Attachments

• 27157552_10156117093464993_393693438_n (2).jpg
    27157552_10156117093464993_393693438_n (2).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 134
There was a game?
More burgers with the mushroom gratin tomatoes lettuce pickles buns ketchup and mustard. I made enough for a few days ahead for the guys. Let the indigestion begin!

I think it's been decades since I made this classic for dinner. Some simple delicious 'blasts from the past" just shouldn't be ignored The dish was as wonderful as we remembered.
Classic Quiche Lorraine...
P1210059_1.jpg

We enjoyed the second game much more. (Sorry, whiska.) LOTS of family in suburban Philly, and they are ALL Eagle fans...except for one rebel Raider's fan. Then again, she married into a Raiders family.

I made salads with spinach/romaine, topped with green and black olives, raw mushrooms, hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes, French feta...and scallions for Himself. After that, we worked through some of the leftovers. I think there might be one more day of leftovers lurking in the fridge.

Oh yeah, there was a game on yesterday. Makes me glad every time that I have a TV in the kitchen and can close doors between there and the living room [emoji38]

I made Kenji's recipe for lamb gyros and used mini naan breads like pitas. With homemade tzatziki for the sauce, they were delicious :yum: The avocado is not traditional, of course, but it needed to be eaten and it played well with the rest of the flavors.
0121181948a.jpg

Oh yeah, there was a game on yesterday. Makes me glad every time that I have a TV in the kitchen and can close doors between there and the living room [emoji38]

I made Kenji's recipe for lamb gyros and used mini naan breads like pitas. With homemade tzatziki for the sauce, they were delicious :yum: The avocado is not traditional, of course, but it needed to be eaten and it played well with the rest of the flavors.
View attachment 28952

GG, for me avocados, like mushrooms, are fair game no matter what the dish is. I put mushrooms in our burritos the other day and they were fabulous!

Your gyros look awesome!

Dang! I slept right through the whole game. But when I did wake up, Pirate had a small piece of steak and a baked tater ready for me. I managed to get all the steak down, but the tater was just a tad too much. So I ate only half of it.

It took a day or two, but I finally noticed that no matter what he cooked for me, there was always meat on my plate. Even if it is just four slices of bacon to go with the poached eggs. I make it a point to eat the meat first and then try to finish the rest.

Dang! I slept right through the whole game. But when I did wake up, Pirate had a small piece of steak and a baked tater ready for me. I managed to get all the steak down, but the tater was just a tad too much. So I ate only half of it.

It took a day or two, but I finally noticed that no matter what he cooked for me, there was always meat on my plate. Even if it is just four slices of bacon to go with the poached eggs. I make it a point to eat the meat first and then try to finish the rest.
Have you been poorly, Addie? (I haven't be on-line for a few weeks) I hope you're feeling better and that you had a good Christmas

Have you been poorly, Addie? (I haven't be on-line for a few weeks) I hope you're feeling better and that you had a good Christmas

Yes I have. And thank you for asking. I have three ulcers on one leg and one on the other. I went to see my arterial doctor and my BP was 195/63. Her first words to me were, "I can't recommend you for surgery with your BP that high. So she changed my medication for the problem. I get to see the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully, he will have good news for me. And I have an appointment with another surgeon tomorrow. I am just hoping that the doctor can save my leg instead of amputating it. So far, it looks good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom