All Hallows Eve Eve Dinner-Wed. 10/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went out for supper to Casa Grecque. Really nice salad bar and I had butterflied shrimp and Stirling had chicken brochette. We both had baclava for dessert.

DA was tired tonight. I have put her to bed of 8:30. We had of a nice garden salad and baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar on these. She was not very hungry and I had of work to do for of tomorrow. I must make everything of perfect for our party!

With love,
~Cat

Finished the last of the split pea with ham soup tonight. Sliced into the second loaf of homemade French bread. Washed it down with iced tea and finished with the last of the zucchini bread.

Pretty easy meal, especially since I was on the road nearly all day today.

Had a quick bacon, egg and cheese biscuit before conjuring up a vat of Carolina Slaw for work tomorrow. Now savoring a slice of BakeChef's Peter Pumkin Bar...it's almost gone.

Tonight we had Pub Style Chicken & Scalloped Potatoes.

Although we used a new recipe for the scalloped potatoes and DH didn't like them :eek: I haven't ever cooked ANYTHING that he didn't care for. Oh well you live & learn. Guess I'll have to make up for the bad recipe next time.

Another one-pot meal. Except I had two going with making stock for tomorrow's chicken soup. Oh, then the third pot for potatoes. They're all still waiting for their bath - any volunteers? Buehler? *sigh*

We had Beer-Braised Pot Roast. It included bacon, onion, shallot, plum tomatoes, and both beer and beef broth. Cooked the sauce up thick and loaded it all over mashed 'taters. Oh Yum!

Before and After pics (there were leftovers ;) ):

Attachments

• 2013-10-30 18.24.08.jpg
    2013-10-30 18.24.08.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 2013-10-30 21.50.45.jpg
    2013-10-30 21.50.45.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 2013-10-31 01.51.37.jpg
    2013-10-31 01.51.37.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 184
Thanks, Dawg.

Yes I do, Jessica.

mmm, pot roast... Do you put the DO in the oven after you get everything going or cook the whole thing stovetop?

Delicious looking flatbread pizzas, Harry. I'll bet that garlic sauce went perfect.

Interesting bacon, too. Where I shop (I always have to put a disclaimer now for the snipers) where I shop I don't recall ever seeing bacon advertised as either sweet or smoky. Our bacon (where I shop) is always smoked, so that's kind of redundant. And it seems folks are more interested in "low sodium" than "sweet". I've made sweet bacon before though.
know the feelin' mate:ROFLMAO:!!i use loads of the roasted garlic sauce...always hits the spot & only £1.50/$2.25 a pop from tesco.bargain!!bacon also from tesco,does what it says on the pack...drycured sweet & smokey...bacon....mmmmmmm!!

Nice pics, GQ and Harry!
I finally found frozen White Castle cheeseburger sliders at a local grocery store, and having never seen nor eaten a WC slider before, am looking forward to trying a couple. In much of the country, the WC restaurant is held in very high esteem, and has been featured heavily in the Harold and Kumar films.
Oh, and a couple pieces of Halloween candy, just to make sure it's fresh.
cheers dawg!"harold & kumar do guantanamo bay"what a film:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!

Grilled wings & wedges.
In the style of Garlic/Parm.
drooooool! nice job:chef:!!

Another one-pot meal. Except I had two going with making stock for tomorrow's chicken soup. Oh, then the third pot for potatoes. They're all still waiting for their bath - any volunteers? Buehler? *sigh*
We had Beer-Braised Pot Roast. It included bacon, onion, shallot, plum tomatoes, and both beer and beef broth. Cooked the sauce up thick and loaded it all over mashed 'taters. Oh Yum!
Before and After pics (there were leftovers ;) ):
bet there weren't cg...and who could blame you....looks deelish mate:yum:!

Last edited:
Thanks, Dawg.

Yes I do, Jessica.

Sounds YUMMY!!! You mind sharing your recipe?! We're cooking wings tonight, and I'm looking to do something different with them :yum:

Gee I don't know... it's an old family recipe that has been handed down for generations... dating back to my ancestors who came over on the Mayflower, then settled in Pennsylvania... :ROFLMAO:
I'll PM it to you ;)

I had a good subject ;)
can't tell mate,screen's still covered in drool:yum:!right,it's 2:30pm this side,starving & i haven't got a clue what to eat tonight.nothing "tickles me fancy" in the fridge so, it's "hey ho off to the shops i jolly well go"
see ya later:rolleyes:!!

pacanis, your chicken wing dinner looks to die for. :ohmy: Cooking Goddess, what a beautiful pot roast. Haven't had one in ages, must have one soon. Harry, what a fabulous way to pull all those fridge ingredients together! Looks amazing. I love it when those use-up-what-you-have meals turn out incredible. :ohmy::yum:

...mmm, pot roast... Do you put the DO in the oven after you get everything going or cook the whole thing stovetop?
You talkin' to me? :cool: If so, technically I don't think of this dish as a "pot roast". That connotation to me is beef with potatoes/celery/onion/carrots all simmered together - which I do stovetop. Last night's meal was the chunk of beef simmered in the juices created by fried bacon, caramelized onions and shallots, dark beer and canned plum tomatoes drained and cut in half. I like what I've always known as English cut; up here they call it arm shoulder. When the meat is fall-apart tender I slice it and serve it up with lots of the juices over a bed of mashed. And the simmering juices are thickened only by boiling them down - no flour needed. This meal was done stovetop too.

Thank you, Cheryl! :)

You talkin' to me? :cool: If so, technically I don't think of this dish as a "pot roast". That connotation to me is beef with potatoes/celery/onion/carrots all simmered together - which I do stovetop. Last night's meal was the chunk of beef simmered in the juices created by fried bacon, caramelized onions and shallots, dark beer and canned plum tomatoes drained and cut in half. I like what I've always known as English cut; up here they call it arm shoulder. When the meat is fall-apart tender I slice it and serve it up with lots of the juices over a bed of mashed. And the simmering juices are thickened only by boiling them down - no flour needed. This meal was done stovetop too.

Well my post was directly below yours and you are the one that called it beer braised "pot roast", so I thought I was talking to you :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom