All Hallows Eve Eve Dinner-Wed. 10/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The chicken wings that never made it out of the freezer this past weekend are out and defreezing (or is that unfreezing?) for tonight's dinner.

I will be grilling them then bathing them in a moderately spicy buffalo wing sauce created with the help of Frank, some cayenne and butter.

A delightfully dressed Caesar salad will offer a refreshing counterpoint to the slippery heat of the wings. A chilled lager prepared for me by Mr. Adams will serve well to moisten these delights.

Sounds good to me.
My wings might end up being garlic parm.
And I have celery that needs used up... I have romaine, too, so maybe a salad using just the two with blue cheese dressing.

Wow Andy! Fancy dinner! ;)

We are having a lovely carbonara tonight along with that coleslaw kadesma posted yesterday. I need to get myself baking again, I think Ken is in a mood for a pie.

Faggots

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 238
The chicken wings that never made it out of the freezer this past weekend are out and defreezing (or is that unfreezing?) for tonight's dinner.

I will be grilling them then bathing them in a moderately spicy buffalo wing sauce created with the help of Frank, some cayenne and butter.

A delightfully dressed Caesar salad will offer a refreshing counterpoint to the slippery heat of the wings. A chilled lager prepared for me by Mr. Adams will serve well to moisten these delights.
steady on old man,waxing a bit lyrical aren't we...martha,it's them bloody body snatchers back again.....ok,what have you done with the real andym:ohmy:.just kidding mate;)! sounds deelish...have a great evening:chef:!

ok you lot,chuck out the chintz,forget the frippery,ditch the decorum & pitch the pristine presentation...it's finger food night!checked out the contents of the fridge & found some chicken,prawns & avocado's left over from last night.some smoked streaky bacon a couple of days past it's use by date(oh well,i'ts smoked it'll be fine),a spring onion,some coriander,a suspiciously hot looking chilli(come on the chilli detectives,what type...'cos i don't know?)which confirmed my suspicions & a bottle of roasted garlic sauce.in the cupboard was a pack of lebanese flatbreads & mr yamamoto...how did he get out of the freezer i wonder:ermm:?
anyway,what to make thunk i,hmmmmm,i know......chicken,prawn,smoked bacon,avocado etc etc etc lebanese flatbreads & damned tasty they were too.chilled peroni so cold the bottle stuck to me lips:yum:!

Attachments

• LEBANESE FLATBREAD 002.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 002.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 163
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 003.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 003.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 165
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 004.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 174
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 005.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 005.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 160
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 006.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 006.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 162
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 008.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 008.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 207
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 009.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 009.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 161
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 010.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 010.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 158
  • LEBANESE FLATBREAD 012.JPG
    LEBANESE FLATBREAD 012.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 172
Delicious looking flatbread pizzas, Harry. I'll bet that garlic sauce went perfect.

Interesting bacon, too. Where I shop (I always have to put a disclaimer now for the snipers :rolleyes:) where I shop I don't recall ever seeing bacon advertised as either sweet or smoky. Our bacon (where I shop) is always smoked, so that's kind of redundant. And it seems folks are more interested in "low sodium" than "sweet". I've made sweet bacon before though.

Nice pics, GQ and Harry!

I finally found frozen White Castle cheeseburger sliders at a local grocery store, and having never seen nor eaten a WC slider before, am looking forward to trying a couple. In much of the country, the WC restaurant is held in very high esteem, and has been featured heavily in the Harold and Kumar films.

Oh, and a couple pieces of Halloween candy, just to make sure it's fresh.

Last edited:
Recovering from Gallbladder surgery on Tuesday. My DW fixed me a great dinner of egg plant lasangna tonight. Hopefully the soreness will be gone in a couple of days and I can get back to cooking.

Grilled wings & wedges.
In the style of Garlic/Parm.

Attachments

• Garlic & Parm Wings.jpg
    Garlic & Parm Wings.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 162
Recovering from Gallbladder surgery on Tuesday. My DW fixed me a great dinner of egg plant lasangna tonight. Hopefully the soreness will be gone in a couple of days and I can get back to cooking.

Oh no! Did not know this. Hope things are healing well, GA!

Back
Top Bottom