Another Manic Monday 1/23 ... What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
happy birthday, shrek!

no dinner for me so far. i have to work 11p to 12 noon every day this week. ugh. i have training on a system that's made by a company based in toronto. the worst part is that i was promised to go to toronto for the training. i was really looking forward to joining in on the company's friday night hockey game, even if it meant paying for my own flight home on saturday.
but instead, they brought the instructor to us. :(

at least she's easy on the eyes. i've heard women from toronto were exceptionally good looking. it'll help keep me awake in class, i guess.

back to dinner: gotta try to think of something on the healthy side to take out. maybe eggs, maybe sushi.

Shrek says, "Thanks Everyone!" He's busy eating Mac n Cheese with Ham. Still has his hand wrapped around his guitar.

roadfix said:
I think my wife made some caldo de res (beef soup) for this evening.

Oooh! DH's fave at our local Mex place. He brought home some (unexpected) beef shanks. Recipe please?

buckytom said:
unexpected beef shanks?

i'll betcha the cow didn't expect that either... :)

Yeah, poor thing's limping... We still have 3 more shanks...

Last edited:
I decided to make some cauliflower to go along with the mushrooms... "in memory" of AndyM on the beaches of Aruba ;)

Please don't torture yourself with that cauliflower.

Also, I wish you wouldn't do anything "in memory" of me until after I die.

For dinner tonight I had beef carpaccio with mixed greens and a balsamic cream sauce, scampi with fire roasted tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic butter. All followed by a Belgian chocolate mousse with a passion fruit coulis.

SO had escargot with herb butter and tomato in a bread bowl and a teriyaki chicken stir-fry.

The restaurant also served bowls of rice, Brazilian black beans and steamed vegetable medley for the table.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Please don't torture yourself with that cauliflower.

Also, I wish you wouldn't do anything "in memory" of me until after I die.

For dinner tonight I had beef carpaccio with mixed greens and a balsamic cream sauce, scampi with fire roasted tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic butter. All followed by a Belgian chocolate mousse with a passion fruit coulis.

SO had escargot with herb butter and tomato in a bread bowl and a teriyaki chicken stir-fry.

The restaurant also served bowls of rice, Brazilian black beans and steamed vegetable medley for the table.

Are you at an all inclusive, Andy? Wishing we were there!

Andy M. said:
DL, you don't get that kind of food at an AI resort. We went to a restaurant recommended on an Aruba forum.

You should try Aruba sometime. You'll love it.

Yes, I was in Aruba, loved it! That's right, you have your own place, Duh me! Diving/ snorkeling? Please try some lion fish if you can find it!

well, it was 'tovers for dinner, but leftover spaghetti instead of the roast.
However, dessert was new.
Blueberry gingerbread cake with sweetened yogurt cream. 4 thumbs way up.

400139_10150546264199004_598294003_8835422_1351824729_n.jpg
beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom