Another Manic Monday 1/23 ... What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning ... any snow we got on Saturday will melt away today as they are calling for temps to reach 50* and a chance of rain.

Lots of errands this morning and then home to start on dinner.

Tonight we'll have roasted pork loin, smashed red potatoes, and roasted veggie mix.

Enjoy your day :chef:

Does he need you to open the box? :LOL:

Since Barilla comes in a box....he said something about me needing to cut the cheese...I plan on complying.:angel::ROFLMAO:

He pretty much gets what he wants today, it's not EVERYDAY a person turns 66.

I have a whole pork loin to cut up and vac seal and a package of b/s chicken breasts to do the same with so it may be one of those.

Well, I'm going to bake a blueberry gingerbread cake when I get home. I haven't decided about dinner yet. Might go with 'tovers. I have a nice chunk of pot roast in the fridge from dinner the other night that needs to be eaten soon.

Looking to drop 15 lbs, so it is all lean meats and vegetables. Tonight will be pork loin with some kind of rub served on swiss chard in garlic and olive oil with a salad. I had an awful weekend caloriewise. Three restaurant meals.......good and fun but I'm sure I packed on a few extra lb's.

I think it will be a pork loin or b/s chicken breast and veggie stir fry.

We've got a ton of leftovers to use up, but I also have some chicken that I thawed yesterday. I am trying to decide whether those can wait til Wednesday (dinner out tomorrow) or if I should use them today and then have MORE leftovers.

Leftover selection: roast beef, ham, brandied chicken, scalloped potatoes, roasted potatoes, pasta, killer coleslaw, green salad, corn.

There might be a potato corn chowder made with the chicken and some leftovers. Hmmmm...that might be JUST the ticket.

I bought a chicken pot pie from our favourite deli yesterday but after visiting Dad and several hours of shopping, I was too tired to eat it and had my original choice of won ton soup. So the pot pie is tonight's dinner! Hopefully my never ending sore throat will handle the beautiful flaky crust!

DH is working double shift today and is on fruits, vegetables and carbs only so I am sending him with a fresh fruit salad I made last night, broccoli salad and his gluten free bread.

Dad is tired of hospital food so I am taking him up beef stew I had in the freezer already pureed and covered in gravy. I will leave it in the fridge and my sister will heat it for him when she gets there around dinner time!

I finally found two of the 16oz. ramekins I've been looking for to make pot pies. They were actually on a sale table at Bed Bath and Beyond.
I'll be using some frozen leftover pot roast and gravy, and add some mushrooms and peas. I haven't made a pie crust in years so we'll see if I can even find my rolling pin. :ermm::huh:
If they turn out pretty I'll take a picture.

Happy Birthday Shrek! Mac-n-cheese...good choice!

I'm making Italian pot roast and mashed potatoes for us tonight.

Happy Birthday Shrek!! PF will be sure to take real good care of you today!

We're doing burgers. Not sure of the sides. Maybe just chips since I have chorus rehearsal.

Baked Ziti, salad bread. I stopped at Wegmans and got some Hefty Microwave pans. The recipe makes a 9x13 pan, so I'm going to divide it, and freeze one for the future.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom