"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #21
Executive Chef
Caffiene! Preferably coffee or soda, but I'll drink tea if I have to. Otherwise, I go into withdrawl around noon, and get a really nasty headache.

I have an addiction to seafood, especially shellfish. Last night, I had some crab at both work and home (crabcakes at work, snow crab at home). I usually try to get some kind of shrimp once every week or two. And, my DW and I usually get up to Red Lobster once or twice a year for birthdays, and I always get some form of lobster.

I'm also addicted to a lot of exotic cuisines, especially the spicy ones. I usually end up making some Cajun about once a month. I don't eat as much Chinese as I used to, as the Chinese restaurants up here are quite the same as back in OK. I may have to go back to cooking my own, as for the basic sauce, I like a combination of Soy, Oyster, Hoisin, whatever stock is appropriate for the meat cooked, some ginger, and lots of garlic.

Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #22
Senior Cook
Lately I have a thing for vegetables grilled and then drizzled with basilico vinegar.

Today I made a recipe from one of the River Cafe books. Grilled zucchini sprinkled with mint and slices of hot red pepper. it was sooo delicious. It is to be served as a bruschetta but i don't like the extra oil so I just served it on plain ciabatta.

I also like red and yellow peppers grilled with olive oil. Can't get enough of that stuff.

At least it is healthy as long as you don't use too much olive oil.

Pam Leavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #23
DC Grandma
Sweet Pototoes cooked anyway..Love them baked and then cold for breakfast ..
and cheese..anykind
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:05 PM   #24
Senior Cook
I was pretty hooked on Beer-can chicken for a while, but since the season changed and the grill is put away I got over it.

Now I am still working on that ham salad you guys helped me make.

PS - Brother is 43 today and I turn 45 Monday! Life is good!
I'm your huckleberry! http://www.geocities.com/got2teach/m.gif
GetMeTheBigKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #25
Senior Cook
There are a few foods I'd rather not have to live without, but the only one I'm truly addicted to is Diet 7Up. If I'm forced to go more than a day without it, I get headachy and out of sorts.

Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm definitely hooked on Mexican food. I love it home made, and I love good quality Mexican restaurant food, but I also go through regular Taco Bell cravings (when I was applying all over the country for jobs, I made sure there was a Taco Bell within driving distance of each place!). Ever since I found this great Japanese restaurant near us (well, 20 miles!), I have been hooked on that. And when I get a craving for prime rib, I can actually taste it!

My husband knows that once I get that prime rib craving, nothing will stop it until I get it!! The Saturday before Christmas we actually had some money when the prime rib craving hit me. We went to a place here in our town. Their prime rib isn't nearly as good as the places 20 miles from here, but my husband was tired. We sat down and ordered a couple ginger ales. Then we ordered our food. The server said that they only serve prime rib on Fridays! My face fell, and my husband said that we would go up to Monroe (NC) to Sagebrush. We got to Sagebrush and ordered a couple root beers. I started telling the server about what had just happened. She said, "I'm sorry, but we just ran out of prime rib!" She brought us our root beers anyway and said that if we decided to leave, we didn't have to pay for the drinks. I told my husband that I hated to make him drive all over creation looking for prime rib, but he said that we would try O'Charley's. We agreed that if O'Charley's was out of prime rib, we would go no farther. We left a tip for our waitress (for bringing the drinks and being understanding) then took off for O'Charley's. Fortunately, O'Charley's had prime rib, and my craving was quenched!

:) Barbara
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #27
Head Chef
What a nice hubby Barbara. I love Pizza and buffalo wings. I buy the frozen pizza when I'm lazy and I doctor them up alot.I do make pizza from scratch alot. Also I love spaghetti and meat balls, and fresh deep fried fish.
thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #28
Master Chef
My 2 cups of hot tea every morning.....I can't go without them.....or should I say no one wants me to go without them because I'm not a morning person

Coke (Coca Cola)...........this saves me a work constantly when I need that surge of energy. Not that new product they've come out with either the one with less sugar.....ugh.....I grabbed this by mistake thinking it was a holiday label and after a few drinks I told middle son, "Somethings wrong with this Coke". He laughed of course and enlightened me :)

Oh yea....I'm sure some of you will cringe but look out when Mickey D's comes out with the McRib........its only around so long and I take full advantage of it. I don't know why but I love those things.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #29
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to Coco

unsalted almonds.

sockeye salmon.

Buy Fresh, Buy Local!
Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #30
Head Chef
hershey's kisses,cadbury chocolate,cheese,orange juice,warm bread with a lot of butter,tortilla chips with hot salsa,oreo cookies.....

Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine.
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote