Any sweets for sweetie, today? Dinner, Saturday 10-19-13.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget your galoshes, Harry ;)

Andy, I Googled chop suey while waiting for an answer and that's exactly what I came up with.
It makes me wonder how American chop suey for goulash got started. I do not see the similarity.
i put 'em on in october & don't take 'em off until the following may...i mean,you've probably heard it rains a bit over 'ere:ermm::LOL:!!
i think chop suey basically means lots of different ingredients mixed together.sounds like american chop suey has quite a few too...waddya think?

I never heard it called American Chop Suey until DC, either. It's what my family always called goulash, my most favorite comfort food.

+1 never heard of "American Chop Suey" either, but mom did make her version of goulash, pretty much like others have mentioned except she used canned whole tomatoes (broken up).

No goulash here Saturday night, we had sirloin pork chops (bone in) they were the size of pork steaks, mashed potatoes, onion gravy, beets and an outstanding apple curry coleslaw. ;)

image-917008841.jpg

i put 'em on in october & don't take 'em off until the following may...i mean,you've probably heard it rains a bit over 'ere:ermm::LOL:!!
i think chop suey basically means lots of different ingredients mixed together.sounds like american chop suey has quite a few too...waddya think?

That's kind of what I was thinking. Just a mix of ingredients with a common goal.

Nice color on that piece of pork, Somebun :yum:

+1 never heard of "American Chop Suey" either, but mom did make her version of goulash, pretty much like others have mentioned except she used canned whole tomatoes (broken up).

No goulash here Saturday night, we had sirloin pork chops (bone in) they were the size of pork steaks, mashed potatoes, onion gravy, beets and an outstanding apple curry coleslaw. ;)

View attachment 18980

That's making my mouth water. Looks delicious!

I'm late, it's now Oct 22nd, but can't resist commenting on Harry's photos.

It must be fabulous walking by Harry's house at suppertime! I think I'd camp out on his lawn, feast on the aromas.

I'm late, it's now Oct 22nd, but can't resist commenting on Harry's photos.

It must be fabulous walking by Harry's house at suppertime! I think I'd camp out on his lawn, feast on the aromas.

Harry's going to have to build a waiting room...

Or move next to a pub.

That would work, too!

more than welcome each & every one of you!! oh,by the way.my apartment is across the road from the good old village boozer...so no excuse for you not to come over....happy daze;)!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom