Any sweets for sweetie, today? Dinner, Saturday 10-19-13.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same problem with fundraisers, now I just give the kids a donation and make a run for it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Now THAT is what I will do next time! :ROFLMAO:
Aunt Bea, love the name you chose. Whenever I see it, it makes me want to relax in a rocking chair on the front porch! :LOL:

Thanks, PF, Cheryl. I may make it again later in the week if my basil is still good. It was tha tasty.

My tastebuds couldn't be happier right now.
Thanks for the recipe, Harry.
nice job pac,delighted you enjoyed it:)!!done my recipe justice in right royal style:chef:.looks fantastic too,seems like you've sorted the camera & yes,your shrimp are bigger than my shrimp:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!
glad you're tastebuds are tingling,it's that smoked bacon or pancetta that gives it that depth.trouble with that type of dish,as you've said,is that you want it again...and again....and again:pig:
if you're happy i'm happy....mazeltov;)!

That looks delish, Pac! Good job!

My sweetie wanted liver and onions...he got liver and onions, garlic butter broasted potatoes and a chocolate bar.

Now I have to go finish cooking up the liver...for snacks later in the week.
liver & onions....mmmmmm....now you're talkin'.not had that for ages:yum:!got some of the smoked pancetta left over from the prawns,ok pac SHRIMP,that i did on friday,reckon i'll chuck that in too...

It is a combination of ground beef, elbow macaroni and tomato sauce seasoned with some onion, celery, green pepper.

The variations are endless and every American kid believes their mother made it best! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Funny thing is, I never heard of it before I came to DC! :) I think it's regional.

Last night I made soup with a couple of hot Italian sausages, potato, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, Parmesan cheese rind, homemade chicken stock and broth, s&p. DH suggested throwing in the leftover roasted kielbasa and potatoes from the night before, so I did that. Then I tried to eat it and got the worst heartburn. I'm going to be very upset if this continues as I don't like bland food. So I had some toasted baguette and butter for dinner.

Luckily, DH loved it and had two bowls. It will be his lunch this coming week.

It is a combination of ground beef, elbow macaroni and tomato sauce seasoned with some onion, celery, green pepper.

The variations are endless and every American kid believes their mother made it best! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
sounds perfick for a dark,damp & cold british winters night...thanks aunty:yum::)!

Funny thing is, I never heard of it before I came to DC! :) I think it's regional.

Last night I made soup with a couple of hot Italian sausages, potato, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, Parmesan cheese rind, homemade chicken stock and broth, s&p. DH suggested throwing in the leftover roasted kielbasa and potatoes from the night before, so I did that. Then I tried to eat it and got the worst heartburn. I'm going to be very upset if this continues as I don't like bland food. So I had some toasted baguette and butter for dinner.

Luckily, DH loved it and had two bowls. It will be his lunch this coming week.

In our house growing up it was called goulash, I never heard it called American Chop Suey until I was an adult. It would not surprise me if it was a magazine recipe from around the time of the Great Depression.

That's only because it's true :mrgreen:

I never heard it called American Chop Suey until DC, either. It's what my family always called goulash, my most favorite comfort food.

Same here. It's always been goulash. I don't even think I've ever eaten chop suey, Asian or otherwise. That is a dish isn't it, or a noodle? Does it resemble chop suey?

Chop suey (the chinese kind) is a stir-fry of veggies (and meat) in a light sauce made with oyster and soy sauces, wine, sugar, corn starch...

If you serve it with crispy fried noodles, it's chow mein!

Chop suey (the chinese kind) is a stir-fry of veggies (and meat) in a light sauce made with oyster and soy sauces, wine, sugar, corn starch...

If you serve it with crispy fried noodles, it's chow mein!

Now *this* one my mom made frequently when I was growing up. One night we would have pork roast, the next night pork chop suey! :)

.....and if you ate it on halloween was it ghoulash...right i'll get me coat...:rolleyes:!

Don't forget your galoshes, Harry ;)

Andy, I Googled chop suey while waiting for an answer and that's exactly what I came up with.
It makes me wonder how American chop suey for goulash got started. I do not see the similarity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom