Anyone cookin dinner tonight? 1/11 Wed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I have navy and pinto beans soaking in water. The market will provide my ground pork/beef, and after simmering all day together, the smell of cumino, chili powder, onions and garlic will fill the air and whaft while permiating the abode. Tonight, it's chili here. Dessert will be the ginger bread cake and warm lemon sauce from last night.

Are you cooking? If so, what so?

I have lentils and kielbasa in the Crockpot right now. I prepped everything last night and had my wife just turn it on this morning after I left for work. The house should be smelling great right about now.

We lost a dear friend yesterday, so HB pulled a smoked pork butt out of the freezer, reheated slowly at 250, then shredded it up for sandwiches. I also have a pumpkin cream pie thawing. We'll go to the house tonight and take the food.
:(

Constance said:
We lost a dear friend yesterday, so HB pulled a smoked pork butt out of the freezer, reheated slowly at 250, then shredded it up for sandwiches. I also have a pumpkin cream pie thawing. We'll go to the house tonight and take the food.
That is sad Connie, the food you're bringing will help a lot. When things like this happen we don't think about what we are going to eat. So friends who stop by with homemade offerings are to be cherished for their thoughtfulness.

kadesma

Constance, I'm sorry about your friend. Seems like every now and then we are stopped in our tracks by such news. We lost 3 very good friends in about 6 weeks and it really had an effect on me. Taking the food is a very good way to help the others thru their suffering.

sorry about your friend...

for dinner tonight I am having chicken in a pot, i decided to make it after reading a post
here yesterday...:chef:

Last edited:
I'm sorry too. Very nice of you to take them such a good dinner.

I have chicken thawing... not sure what to do with it.. maybe

CHICKEN POMODOR0 ( from Cuisine at Home)

4 chicken cutlets
2 tablespoons veggie oil
1/4 cup vodka

1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup freshly chopped tomatoes
2 Tablespoons heavy cream ( I only have whole milk..but, it'll do for tonight)

1/3 cup scallions, I'll have to use some sweet onion

Season chicken with salt and pepper
and dust with flour.

Saute chicken in veggie oil. Transfer to a platter
and pour off extra fat.

Deglaze pan with vodka (AWAY FROM THE FLAME!!!)
and cook until the vodka is nearly gone.
Add the broth and lemon juice.

Return chicken to pan and cook each side one minute.
Transfer chicken to warm platter.

Fisnish the sauce with tomatoes and cream. Heat through
and then pour over the cutlets.

Garnish with the scallions.

Since I don't have scallions and will be using sweet onions... do
you think I should saute them along with the chicken?

Last edited:
Very sorry about your friend Constance. Thats a really nice guesture to bring over some food, it will comfort them.

I'll either make a pot of chili, or spaghetti bolognese, not sure yet.

I couldn't make up my mind, so I started going through the pastas in the pantry..Will make wome penne with asparagus, smoked mozzarella,garlic, evoo, basil, and proscuitto, some zucchini with onions garlic, marjoram, fried together in evoo and a little butter, then parm added right at the end..another round of lettuce wedges this time with a thousand dressing..I'm trying something new with a foccacia and figs so I'll have to see how it turns out..or we will be without dessert:LOL:
kadesma

Constance said:

Connie, I am very sorry to hear that... I hope and believe your lovely food will lift some spirits, they are lucky to have friends like you and your hubby!!

For us it is a "make some room for our freezer" night, I am taking out some stuffed giant mushrooms, pre-grilled aubergene (to be sautèed with some onions and bacon), and bell-pepper creme/sauce for the pasta.

Constance-sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure they really appreciate you being there for them.

I am making creamed chicken and biscuits tonight. I will post the recipe in the casserole thread since I don't believe I have posted it before.

Constance said:

I'm so sorry Connie! Bringing food seems so little but it means so much!! I hate that you lost a friend. It's always hard to lose someone. You being there for the family will help them a lot though. God Bless!

We're having taco's and tequito's.

Connie, hate to hear about you losing your friend. Best wishes to the family of your friend (was this the same one who was so sick just recently?)

Daughter is "cooking" tonight. She will be making fried rice (her current obsession) and throwing some Costco frozen orange chicken in the oven. I'm happy to let her do this - she may want to branch out eventually!

Sorry to hear about your friend Constance...

We will be having pizza tonight! Dh suggested it, and he never suggests bringing home a pizza, so it's kind of exciting for me. It will have a balsamic tomato sauce with mozz, chicken, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, feta, onion, & kalamatas. Yum! But still 2 hours until he gets home, I'm hungry!

Back
Top Bottom