Anyone cookin today? Monday Dec 12th...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
good cold morning:ohmy:
Today, while contractors are :angel: *prayerfully*:angel: still coming , I am soaking in H20 great white northern beans then putting them in with the rest of the brisket I did last night. There isn't much left, DH did get a sandwich for work.:wacko: I'll also toss in onions, garlic, seasonings and the broth from the beef. It'll be some sort of a bean type casserole and won't know much more until I get cracken on the ingredients which is after the beans soften up a bit. I'm hoping for a rich broth and succulent white beans and will offer caprese salad. I have about 12 tomatoes still in the backyard and the basil is swiftly wilting due to the frost. If the workers leave me room, I'll do a few more batches of cookies for the holidays.

Well the contractor is here and I am still waiting for the other two. Hum......the house smells wonderful as the broth and the beans are simmerin away. It is too early in the day for Eggnog? Hope not......everyone's dinners sound wonderful.....

What are you making? :w00t2:

Last edited:
Once again I have meat thawing out but not sure as to what I'm going to do with it......kind of like my DH on a cold, lazy Sunday:LOL: .

Seriously though......I have 2 thick butterfly cut pork chops thawing out.

I was thinking about pounding them out....not too thin and making a stuffing with sage, other herbs/seasonings and apples and rolling the chops up around the stuffing. Maybe serving those up with fresh asparagus.....quickly blanched and then drizzled with EVOO, S & P.....or I may roast them instead. Also, chunks of butternut squash roasted with brown sugar, butter, bacon, S & P....tilll fork tender.

Turkey Schnitzel, potato casserole and roasted bell peppers... some stollen for the after dinner sweet!!

urmaniac13 said:
Turkey Schnitzel, potato casserole and roasted bell peppers... some stollen for the after dinner sweet!!
Ohhh, can I pop by for dinner tonight Licia? :)

I'm going to make DH some mussels with bread crumbs, parsely, lemon juice, garlic, etc baked in the oven. And a sort of Middle Eastern inspired pilaf that I love, for both of us.

Piccolina said:
Ohhh, can I pop by for dinner tonight Licia? :)

I'm going to make DH some mussels with bread crumbs, parsely, lemon juice, garlic, etc baked in the oven. And a sort of Middle Eastern inspired pilaf that I love, for both of us.

Come on over with Tony!! There will be plenty to go around!! You can bring some of those mussels and pilaf, too:mrgreen: !! We will all share!!

Btw you must try this stollen, they are absollllluuuuutely delicious!!

??? Yep. I'll be cooking but I have no idea what I'll be fixing.
Split pea soup sounds really good.

Paul wants lentil soup so... that's what we'll be having.

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
Come on over with Tony!! There will be plenty to go around!! You can bring some of those mussels and pilaf, too:mrgreen: !! We will all share!!

Btw you must try this stollen, they are absollllluuuuutely delicious!!
It's a deal, we'll be right over :mrgreen:

LEFSElover said:
What are you making?
Reservations :LOL:
We are finally going out for my brothers birthday dinner. We are a bit behind since his birthday was in Oct. The poor guy gets shafted almost every year. He is not even picking the restaurant because we need one close to my house so we can get Rachel to sleep as quickly as possible after dinner. Thankfully he does not mind and he would do anything in the world for Rach so that works out well. We are going to a fish restaurant right down the street from my house. i have only been there once, but liked it a lot so I am looking forward to going back tonight.

I am fixing short ribs from a recipe I saw the other day on Good Deal. It is short ribs with ginger, beer, rice vinegar, and hosin sauce. Served with mashed potatoes.

We are going to my Christmas party at work. Last year I catered most of, but the owner wanted me to have the day off. Not sure what's going to be there, but if it's good i'll let you know.

Italian BBQ chicken with white wine, some roasted potatoes and veggies

Last edited:
Alix said:
I have some hamburger out but I am not inspired by that a bit. I have a craving for fajitas so I may dig out a steak and do that instead. Salad will be killer coleslaw and dessert will be Ishbel's Sticky Gingerbread Cake which is smelling FINE in the oven right now.
\

Okay, Alix, I thin you should hand over all of your copy's of the Best of Bridge and send them my way. While in Edmonton a year ago, I sat on the floor of the book store there in the West Edmonton Mall, and read away, all copy's of the Best of Bridge. I need those cookbooks....................all of them........:wacko: that recipe sounds fabbo!

Oh the Christmas party.... wish I had one to attend, well, I do, but it's in Texas, I'm in California, so what to do?
fajita buffet: shrimp, chicken, and beef fajitas, refried beans, rice, and fried ice cream

Last edited:
oh my this sounds wonderfully delicious

Alix said:
I have some hamburger out but I am not inspired by that a bit. I have a craving for fajitas so I may dig out a steak and do that instead. Salad will be killer coleslaw and dessert will be Ishbel's Sticky Gingerbread Cake which is smelling FINE in the oven right now.

thanks for putting in the link........me tinks it's time ta get out ingredients and whip this little sucker up.................yummo

Boy it's been cold and busy around here..tonight I'm making some stuffed chicken breasts with arugula,proscuitto,garlic toasted bread crumbs ricotta salata and rosemary..trying something a little different with some small yukon gold potatoes, frying in large skillet with garlic, onion, rosemary when almost done salt and pepper and a little red wine vinegar..I plan to use the leftover arugula and some romaine for a salad with avocado and sliced dried figs. No dessert tonight I'm tired:LOL: Boys kept me pretty busy today..We made a foccacia, some meat balls and some cookies for Christmas..Now to bag and freeze everything..

kadesma:)

I had the dinner of champions. Some salad with rasberry vinaigrette.. then a philly cheesecake turtle about 30 minutes later. Now I am eating some instant grits!

EDIT: 4 minutes later, choking on grits.. don't really like them now that I have a whole box. Grits are, um, gritty. And gritty is kinda hard to chew. No more stepping out on a limb for me anyore. blech

Last edited:
I was gone all afternoon - taking my dad to the auto shop 55 miles away to get his car fixed. Hubby was a DEAR and fixed shrimp (drenched in butter and heavily peppered), onion rings and fried okra. Now I've got to finish my decorating if it takes me all night!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom