Anyone eat today? Tuesday 4-16-2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
150 to 250 per pound? That sounds more like plankton than shrimp!

Yeah, I think they must have that wrong too. Well, they didn't actually say "per pound" for these shrimp, just "150/250", but they specified per pound for some other frozen shrimp. If you think of the curled shrimp as a circle, they are about an inch in diameter.

I'm thinking those shrimps are the tiny ones you get in a can, primarily used for shrimp salad..........

Shrimp salad does seem like a good use for them. But, they are a bit bigger than what I have seen of canned shrimp. I should check out my Danish cooking site. They are the size of most of the shrimp I've seen in Denmark. Thanks for making me think of that.

Shove some shrimp in a mushroom cap? And then what? More ingredients? Bake? How hot; how long? I have only ever used them in shrimp cocktail and I'm not eating tomato nowadays. I really am a newbie to using shrimp.
Shrimp pizza with white sauce sounds good, too (since you’re not doing tomatoes)!

150 to 250 per pound? That sounds more like plankton than shrimp!
They're literally tiny shrimp - a half inch or less in length. They're generally sold shelled and pre-cooked.
c74d63a9-e68f-496b-9b40-280d4d44753b_1.d6fb04761bc9245810f9ead7d2b0d4c4.jpeg

Won't they get overcooked, since these were cooked before they were frozen?
Certainly that’s something to keep a watch on, but if you cook your pizza in a very hot oven, like 500°F, it shouldn’t be a problem. Also, make sure the shrimp are very cold, nearly frozen, when you put the pizza in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom